Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rutger Hauer Guinness Ad

Default Rutger Hauer Guinness Ad

Can someone put me out of my misery?
    When Rutger Hauer was advertising Guinness, one of the ads was him saying something like 'Read my mind' and it went silent as he took a drink.
    One very late night, this ad appeared and after he said the line, he carried on taking a drink but a voiceover said something like 'I've lost my teddy bear, his name is Herbert, please return him'.

Did I dream this? I only ever saw this version once and have wondered for years.
    Did anyone else see it?

It's driving me to distraction.

Default Re: Rutger Hauer Guinness Ad

This does ring a bell with me, I will have look and see if I can find something.

Thanks, I'd appreciate it. I'm close to a nervous breakdown.

I DO remember that.There was a small piece of conversation discussing a Teddy Bear.I think,if memory serves me correctly Pinney68,you have literally said word for word what he actually says on the advert.

Thank you so much moonvisage. I always thought I'd seen it but as the years have gone by, I've begun to doubt and as no-one else knew what I was talking about, I thought I'd lost the plot.

Yes Pinney68,i remember seeing it only a few times myself,towards the very end of the adverts tv screening,so obviously it was a late addition to the advert.Some actors are called back to the studios to do something extra,sometimes up to a year later,and have to add an extra piece of dialogue or an acting scene.This obviously occured with the Guinness advert with Rutger Hauer mentioning the Teddy Bear.
    I recall Anthony Hopkins telling a tv interviewer that a scene in a film he had appeared in,was actually shot a year later,and added in.He had to leave a film he was currently working on,and go back to the set of the old film,and become a totally different character in a completely different scenario.It is very common in the film industry to go back to the set or studio months later,in order to redo a scene,or make a new voice over.

I remember an old Bold advert where the amount of money in a boy's had to be changed 2 - 3 times over the run of the ad.
    The Trickster On The Roof

I remember that as well, have you tried youtube?

Maybe this will help

Some excellent Guinness ads available through that link. The surfing horses is my fave. Rutger Hauer is just one of those scary blokes isn't he?
    "She moves in such an exciting world!"