Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to remember an American TV Series of the 80s! HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to remember an American TV Series of the 80s! HELP!

I'm hoping someone may remember what this TV show was called?

All I remember was that the theme tune was "I need a Hero" by Bonnie Tyler and I believe the two main characters were a female investigative journalist and a guy who was some kind of mercenary/commando type.

I remember that during the opening credits it showed various action packed things going on, as these 80s shows always did, yet the one thing which really stuck in my mind was the guy all camo-ed up eating baked beans out of the tin with a large combat knife! My mum had to yell at me for eating with my penknife for months after this show aired. And the logo involved a camera.

I also seem to remember that the original guy died, in real life, trying to stop a bank robbery, or something like that, and they announced his death after an episode saying that he was a true american hero.

Any idea what this is?

Thanks

Re: Trying to remember an American TV Series of the 80s! HELP!

I think this was "Cover up" the original actor died on set when he jokingly put a gun to his head which he didn't know was loaded with blanks.
    sigpic

Comment

You are correct Sir it was Cover Up and the Actor who blew his brains out was Jon Erik-Hexum

Comment

Cheers!

Yeah...thats definitely the one! I could have sworn he died trying to stop an armed raid or something...but it checks out! Funny how we remember things, eh? Not as noble at all as it seems he was dicking about with blanks and accidentally blew his brains out.....

Thanks again! It was bugging me terribly....now I can actually get some sleep

Comment

Working...
        X