Cadbury Border Creme Eggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cadbury Border Creme Eggs

Hi, not been on here for ages, but does anyone remember Cadbury Border Creme Eggs? They were the same size as the normal Cadbury Creme Egg but the wrapping was red and green tartan foil (not red and blue foil with chicks on) and instead of having the white and yellow fondant centre they had a delicious fondant chocolate centre. They were absolutely yummie, far more scrumptious than the normal ones. Sadly, I've not seen them for years but I'm pretty sure they'd be a hit if they were re-introduced. Perhaps Kraft will bring them back!!!! (I live in hope)

Re: Cadbury Border Creme Eggs

Was it quite a thick foamy consistency as I remember? and chocolatey Toffee taste?

Comment

Hiya

I don't remember it being foamy in particular but now you mention it, it was a 'golden cup' type of toffee consistency but dark brown in colour and tasted just like chocolate. There were also eggs that split into two (length ways) that were half marshmallow and half runny toffee, they were nice too but I don't have a clue who made them and I think they were actually called toffee mallow eggs with (I think) purple and white foil wrappers)

Comment

I kick myself every time I read about these, there was once a set (four I think) of these tartan wrappers on ebay but for some unknown reason I didn't post them up, and don't seem to have saved the picture :cry: They were deffo called Cadbury Border Creme eggs
        Heather

Comment

Hi The Low country,
          I'm sure these were called 'Toffee Mallow Eggs' and were made by Mackintosh. They were my Mum's favourites!!!
          Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Hiya. Yes I remember the toffee mallow eggs but they were different to the Cadbury Border Creme eggs. Having said that they were both yummy but personally I think Cadbury had the edge. :-)

Originally posted by stuckinthe80's View Post
            Hi The Low country,
            I'm sure these were called 'Toffee Mallow Eggs' and were made by Mackintosh. They were my Mum's favourites!!!

Comment

Hello! BooHoo to not posting the tartan wrappers but hey ho, nevermind - Just think how fab they'd have been if they still had the eggs inside. I would have gone halves with you! Whoop! Whoop! :-)

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
              I kick myself every time I read about these, there was once a set (four I think) of these tartan wrappers on ebay but for some unknown reason I didn't post them up, and don't seem to have saved the picture :cry:

Comment

Oh yes I remember the toffee & mallow eggs they were really nice, also you used to be able to get minty eggs that were fondant like creme eggs but I don't think they were made by Cadbury.
                sigpic

Comment

Doh!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Border_Eggs_1970..jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	259612Click image for larger version

Name:	Border_Eggs_1977..jpg
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	259611Click image for larger version

Name:	Border_Eggs_1980..jpg
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	259610

Comment

This text is from a friend I have at Cadbury.:
                      'Border Creme Eggs were made by Fry's and contained chocolate cream. They were launched in 1970, rebranded as Cadbury Border Creme Eggs in 1974 and last appeared for Easter 1981. They were packaged in tartan foil'
                      The 3 pics were kindly supplied by her too.

Comment

Wow! Great pics

Comment

Border Creme Eggs were way better than the yellow & white ones. My mouth's watering at the memory here

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
                            Wow! Great pics
                            Thanks sixtyten. My friend at cadbury always does her best to come up with the goods!!!

Comment

Another 70's Creme Egg design

Comment

Working...
                              X