Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fosters Menswear. Principles for men.

Default Re: Fosters Menswear. Principles for men.

Fosters was our first choice when wanting to buy anything formal. They were reasonably priced, which was our main concern. Their rival, Burton's, were viewed as more expensive, so our local Foster's was always first port of call, and my mom always bought my school uniform from them.

Used to love Fosters, remember having a white shirt with Fats Domino's band down the center like a tie.

Whatta a class institution these shops was - I have pics in Football Books of Modeling ppl of the day. Very good shops indeed!

Does anyone remember Foster Brothers in Ashton or Salford in Manchester in the 70s? I worked there as a 13 yr old Saturday girl. Does anyone remember the Manager Mr Roberts? Or an older employee first name Carreena? She had long straight blonde hair. Please get in touch if you remember! Thank you very much June Phillips....

I knew you there Malcolm, I was part of the mobile display team: best wishes Chris.

Fosters had some classy menswear (for back in the day) I think - given the 1980s was good one minute in Clothes and Fashion and not the next!!

I am sure I have an advert for Fosters in a Football Book from the late 90s (and though I have not read the book in question for ages) for many a moon I recalled being impressed by their range etc etc

80sChav