Misty Annual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misty Annual

Does anybody remember the Misty Annual Books? I have the Misty Annual 1984,and even though i am male,and it is a girls book,i absolutely love it.It is called: Stories from the Midnight World.Here is a run down of the Misty Annual 1984 stories:

1: The Frankenstein Papers
    2: The Wicked Gnome.
    3: Miss 'T'
    4: Spooks and Daggers - a board game
    5: The Meddling Gods of Ancient Greece
    6: Hubble Bubble...Toil and Trouble.
    7: The Cult of the Cat.
    8: Spider Woman
    9: Beware of the Plants.
    10: The Haunted Bakery.
    11: Teaching Palmistry.
    12: Ghost Hunters.
    13: Phantom Riders of the Mists.
    14: Famous Ghost Haunts.
    15: Dragons.
    16: The Mermaid's Tale.
    17: The Collector.
    18: The Black Cat.

This is the only Misty Annual i have ever read and have got.Anybody else here have one and enjoys reading it?

Here is a picture of the front cover.
    Attached Files

Re: Misty Annual

Moonvisage, I love Misty. I used to get the comics and annuals at Christmas. Mad I didn't keep them. I recently bought 2 annuals on Ebay. 1981 and 1984.. The stories in the 1981 edition were-

Mountain Girl
    Somewhere
    Strange Inheritance
    The Evil Garden
    Voodoo
    Rubie's best friend
    The Haunted Library
    Ghostly Music
    Rag Doll
    Phantom of the Mist
    The Weird Sisters
    Prince of Lightning

Here's a link the the website http://mistycomic.co.uk/Mistycomic.co.uk.html
    If you click on Cavern of Dreams at the top of the page you can get to read a story.
    The quality of the stories were top class as were many of the 70s girls annuals. I've also a few Mandys and Jintys, one Tammy and one Judy.

Comment

Thank you for the link Ann.I love that site.I never knew all of the Misty Annuals were about spooky goings on until i saw that site.I thought i may have come across a one off book.I think i will try and get hold of as many as possible now.I absolutely adore the pictures in them.
      I am at The Cavern of Dreams now,and it is great to see the stories and pictures,and be able to read them online.I must buy them all now,so i can read them in all their full size glory!

Comment

I hadn't been on the site in a while..I see the cover illustration has gone all cgi. I enjoyed all those stories. There's an edition of the annual I'd love to get, I'm not sure but it could be 1980. There was a great story in it..'The haunting of form 2B(or 3B)', it was serialised throughout the book. I can remember curling up on the sofa on many Christmas days with my selection box and my Misty annual, I always got a few annuals but it was the best of the bunch. Great memories.

Comment

That sounds like a lovely Christmas Day Ann,so similar to mine.I usually sat on the carpet near the coal fire when i read my Christmas Annuals and ate my Selection Boxes.I wish i had got the Misty Annuals when i was a child,it would have added a lot more spooky fun to my Christmas Imagination.Beautiful Memories.

Comment

I have a couple of the annuals, and also a few of the comics. Egmont rteleased a Misty souvenir special last year, oddly enough.

Comment

I've never seen that souvenir issue here in Éire Tony, I'd say it's great. Maybe it's only available in the UK.

Comment

I have all issues as PDfs

Comment

Wow cool! You lucky thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ann22 View Post
                    I've never seen that souvenir issue here in Éire Tony, I'd say it's great. Maybe it's only available in the UK.
                    I have a feeling it was restricted to the UK. They actually released foyur issues over the course of the year, each one devoted to a different comic-Misty, Buster, Roy of the Rovers and Battle. There were distribution problems with the Buster one though, even over here.

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
                      I have all issues as PDfs
                      Where did you get the pdf's from? I would love to have them

Comment

Hello I know this is an old thread. But I have something in common with the person who started it. I loved the only Misty annual I had too. Which was also the 1984 one.
                        Seeing your list brought back memories.
                        Unfortunately I don't know what happened to my copy. I don't think ive seen it since 1985/86 at least. It could be in my parents loft or my mum might have got rid of it when I moved out in 1992.

Its such a shame that there aren't annuals like this available for kids today.

Comment

Brings back memories of my holidays when I used to spend a week with my Auntie. She had two girls both were big readers of the Misty comic and also had a couple of Misty annuals. I also was captivated by many of the story's in the comics and several even to this day seem to stick in my mind. It was a sad day when it became the Tammy and Misty comic instead. Too girly for me then and the story's seemed to go downhill fast.

Years later I asked my cousin what happened to all those Misty comics and annuals she had, and was told her mother had thrown them all out long after she had left school as she thought they had grown out of them.

Comment

FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

i like the artwork.

Originally posted by darren View Post

Comment

Working...
                              X