'Course you can Malcolm!'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 'Course you can Malcolm!'

Yes my late mother used to say this when I was still living at home in the 70's. Both me and Mrs PW still use the phrase even now. Of course our children (now adults) thunk we are nuts.

Comment

I still say this, in fact even as kids we said it because our parents did.

I also say 'you great wet lettuce' which was from an advert.

Another is when somebody hurts themselves and they say "OW!" I say "Jus like that!" in a Tommy Cooper stylee. It winds most people up that know about it, but it just baffles kids and worryingly my American missus. English comdey is mostly lost on her. Sad.

There's another one I do. Whenever somebody asks a stupid question starting with "Do you know?" I always follow with "No, but you sing the words and I'll hum the tune." That was from a tea advert or something. I think PG Tips.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post

There's another one I do. Whenever somebody asks a stupid question starting with "Do you know?" I always follow with "No, but you sing the words and I'll hum the tune." That was from a tea advert or something. I think PG Tips.
        The classic! in the age before gaudy graphics, professional Northerners & Animal Rights interference

Comment

Amazingly the advert is like 10 years older than me. lol

Comment

Working...
          X