No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: loading

Most of the time I could tolerate loading times and never really thought anything of it but there was one game where it was just too much - Racing Destruction Set on the C64. It seemed like even if you changed just one parameter of your custom-made track you'd have to load the whole thing in again. Once you were racing it was superb but the loading times pretty much made it unplayable.

Comment

Originally posted by Wil View Post
      Most of the time I could tolerate loading times and never really thought anything of it but there was one game where it was just too much - Racing Destruction Set on the C64. It seemed like even if you changed just one parameter of your custom-made track you'd have to load the whole thing in again. Once you were racing it was superb but the loading times pretty much made it unplayable.
      never had this game so i dont know what is was like loading wise.
      sounds like a gab game.

here it is for you.
      looks good.
      can see why you like it.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw3R-_flF4Y
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I used to have an Acorn Electron!
        The best Government is that which governs least - Thoreau.

Comment

Used to sit there babysitting the tape deck and computer.Not all tapes loaded that well,could be volume or something else.A few chewed up in the tape deck.Often half way through loading a message would come up with simple yes no question or about which key's you would prefer to use in the game.After giving the answer you would re-hit the tape deck and the screaching would start again as it loaded.Never really took much notice of the tapes loading and did not find it annoying apart from the sound.It was pretty much the norm back then.Kids that had floppys may of been better off,but I envied the kids with those small and expensive cartidges,they were just so much faster and quiet compared to tape.

Comment

Just sit there hypnotised at the flashing colours, praying that it wouldn't crash!
            sigpic

Comment

Anybody tried these:-
              WWW.WOS.COM
              WWW.SPECTRUM.NET

I can't believe that some gamers these days complain if they have to wait a minute for loading time.
              WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

I used to sit and wait. If it was winter I'd put my feet on the power brick to keep warm.

Comment

Originally posted by vanhelsing View Post
                  Anybody tried these:-
                  WWW.WOS.COM
                  WWW.SPECTRUM.NET

I can't believe that some gamers these days complain if they have to wait a minute for loading time.
                  tell me about it they have no patience they went everyrthing now.
                  i did not mind the games loading.
                  some took ten minutes.

the untouchables was odd as it loaded up each level as you did the previous one.
                  i actually liked listening to the sounds as each game loaded.
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

For those of you who DID enjoy the loading sounds...

ZX Plectrum
                    Their light of pocket torch, of signal flare,
                    Licks at the edge of unsuspected places,
                    While others scan, under an arc-lamp's glare,
                    Nursery, kitchen sink, or their own faces.
                    -Kingsley Amis

Comment

Working...
                    X