STEPPING OUT music docu movie - Lyndall Hobbs, 1979

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STEPPING OUT music docu movie - Lyndall Hobbs, 1979

Odd short movie that ran as support for Saturday Night Fever at many cinemas in the late 70's,

It was a survey of fashionable lifestyles in London in which the director investigates and participates in disco parties at the Blitz and Embassy clubs; Mod Night at Legends; a punk gathering outside Seditionaries, Kings Road, and a coach outing to a roller disco in Dunstable. Features Lyndell Hobbs, Sponooch, The Roxy Rollers, The Merton Parkas, Secret Affair, Jeannette Charles, Julia, Steve Strange, Marilyn.

Seems to be no links apart from bits of info (as above) no vids nor clips or stills.
    I recall seeing it when I had not long seen Sponooch perform at a Leicester nightclub,
    Sponooch being the original Hot Gossip.
    Remembered bits in the movie are the mime artist called Gary Mason, who has a zig zag white face
    painting Bowie style, plus Marilyn (Boy George's mate) looking very much like the Munroe, star he tried to imitate, hanging off a London bus platform looking like he has a cleavage!!!!!!!!!!
    Do you recall any of this?
    sigpic
    Don't worry Cheryl....
    I'll catch you if you slip!

Re: STEPPING OUT music docu movie - Lyndall Hobbs, 1979

...error....not Saturday Night Fever............but it was support for ALIEN.
    sigpic
    Don't worry Cheryl....
    I'll catch you if you slip!

Comment

Working...
    X