X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ott Adult Tiswas

Interesting info here.

http://www.tiswasonline.com/related_shows.php

I remember going to my local pub one Sunday lunchtime and seeing Thin Lizzy being filmed for the follow up show to OTT - Saturday Stayback.

Rubbing shoulders with Phil Lynott - imagine!
    "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

I though O.T.T got canned nearer 5 episodes in.And not more like the 13 made.It was really daft.slightly more adult version of Tiswas but very tame compared to what's on tv today.
      sigpic

Comment

the black girl i belive was Ellen Thomas who played Claudette Hubbard in east ender

Comment

theblack girl with the big boobs played claudette in east enders

Comment

I think that the moral of OTT is never make an adult version of a children's television programme, especially if it is indeed an adult-only one that is only suitable to be shown well after the watershed. It would too ironic - they were even thinking about doing an adult version of Rainbow around 15 years ago. If the Thames Christmas tape clip in TV Offal had anything to go by, perhaps it would be best to have second thoughts about the idea.

I don't remember much of it as I would have been in bed when it was on, but I know of the infamous TVS region clip that I have mentioned before on here, where TVS had shown the first Sweeney film while most other regions had shown the other Sweeney film (or the other way round). The version that TVS had shown was ten minutes longer, and OTT which was live and couldn't be time-shifted back then, happened to be the next programme on that night.

TVS was to show the programme like most other regions and they opted into it ten minutes into it after their film finished, and got through adverts and continuity. Chris Tarrant and Central seemed to know about this (probably because they could see from the control room which regions were showing it and which were not) , and Tarrant said that "TVS has only just joined us". They shown a snooker sketch again which was shown elsewhere and Tarrant said after it, "so TVS, why were you late?" It was like breaking the fourth wall watching it, and I just assume that Tarrant only knew about TVS joining them later than the other regions and not the fact that they had shown a different film prior to OTT going on the air that evening.
            I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

yeah they stopped ott aftera few shows when shows that was much more offenive ie spitting image and the word was kept on

Comment

The Word was eventually axed after too many complaints, but at least that was on quite late at night on Channel 4.

Sin On Saturday was on around the same time as OTT & was pulled from the schedules after 2-3 instalments.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                  The Word was eventually axed after too many complaints, but at least that was on quite late at night on Channel 4.

Sin On Saturday was on around the same time as OTT & was pulled from the schedules after 2-3 instalments.

Wasn’t Michael Hutchence seduced LIVE on The Word by that dipsy blonde who was married to Bob Geldorf at the time ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I think that was The Big Breakfast where Paula Yates shamelessly flirted with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
                      I think that was The Big Breakfast where Paula Yates shamelessly flirted with him.
                      yeh twas on big breakfst

Comment

Yeah, I remember watching OTT. The balloon dance was rather controversial at the time, though it would all seem tame nowadays. It wasn't a patch on Tiswas imo.

Comment

Really !!

I recall her interviewing him on a bed !?!

They supposedly spent days together straight after the program ..

Comment

I was thinking of The Tube not The Word

A mix of my memories

I recall the bed interview but also this one on The Tube ..

Check out 3:58 onwards ..

False memory syndrome exists !!

https://youtu.be/Cu_aTZPil4k

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                              Really !!

I recall her interviewing him on a bed !?!

They supposedly spent days together straight after the program ..

Yeah she interviewed guests on a bed, he was lapping up the attention, i felt sorry for Bob Geldolf to be honest.

Comment

Yeah she interviewed guests on a bed, he was lapping up the attention, i felt sorry for Bob Geldolf to be honest.
                                Sooooo I also wondered about her relentless flirting with male guests and was very surprised to learn that it was actually Geldorf who was constantly philandering with other women throughout their marriage !!

Comment

Working...
                                X