80s summer holiday morning tv!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80s summer holiday morning tv!

Getting up for the kids shows in the morning was a big part of the summer holidays for 80s kids. I wish I could remember some of the running orders though and more of the shows! There was The Littlest Hobo, The Racoons, Why Don't You, sometimes The Get Along Gang... does anyone remember any others?

Re: 80s summer holiday morning tv!

I remember the Pink Panther, Huckleberry Finn & Battle Of The Planets being shown for a few summers in the 1980s.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I want to get hold of a Radio Times from that time period! I remember always wanting to get up in time to watch The Racoons but usually missing it. Little did I know that in a couple of decades I would be able to watch an entire series whenever I liked

Comment

Brendan Chase, I didn't really watch it but I remember it being on. 'Why don't you' stands out in my mind for summer hol mornings, we watched in the late 70's I think, maybe early 80s.

Comment

Adventures on Kythera was the one that I enjoyed in the late 1980s. I missed the last episode of the series thought. I remember Mr Rossi used to be on as well. Never watched Why Don't You? It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World used to be shown a lot on holiday morning TV as well.

Comment

Pugwall's Summer!

Brilliant theme tune.

Comment

Champion the Wonder Horse
              Lassie
              The Flashing Blade
              Once upon a time.. man
              Jason of Star Command

They don't make 'em like that anymore - when I saw an episode of the remake of Fingerbobs a little while ago I almost threw something at the telly.

Comment

Here's a link to a great site, that has lost of TV listings over the 80's.

http://thetvroomplus.com/

Comment

Possibly more late 70's than 80's but to add to those above, Robinson Crusoe, Bell and Sebastian, White horses, Zorro, Banana splits, Camp Runamuck, Beachcombers.

Comment

Anyone remember the 80's summer specials they would do? It'd be on every day with some morning kids show like Timmy Mallett or just an on site broadcast from a holiday park or zoo.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistar View Post
                      Anyone remember the 80's summer specials they would do? It'd be on every day with some morning kids show like Timmy Mallett or just an on site broadcast from a holiday park or zoo.
                      Cue thousands of 5-13 year olds relentlessly pestering their parents to take them to Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Drayton Manor Park and Zoo etc.....

Comment

Anyone remember Home? It was set in an Australian children's home, one of the boys kept running away - he thought it was like a prison. It had so many episodes IIRC, it didn't finish until almost the next year!

Comment

A few morning holiday programmes:

Around 1985 or so ITV ran Fireball XL5 in the mornings during the summer hols.

Probably around the same time there were Roland Rat specials from Hong Kong.

I'm sure The Double Deckers was shown as late as the 80s on the BBC.

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
                            A few morning holiday programmes:

Around 1985 or so ITV ran Fireball XL5 in the mornings during the summer hols.

Probably around the same time there were Roland Rat specials from Hong Kong.

I'm sure The Double Deckers was shown as late as the 80s on the BBC.
                            I don't remember either of those being repeated in the 1980s, but I remember Roland Rat in Hong Kong.
                            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I definitely remember repeats of The Double Deckers in the 80s, and Roland Rat in Hong Kong. I also remember Wacaday with Timmy Mallett, Why Don't You? and how the BBC would repeat really old stuff during the summer hols too, like the George Reeves Superman series, Buster Crabbe's Flash Gordon and other 1950s Saturday Morning Pictures serials. Bilko and The Honeymooners would often appear on a morning in the hols too
                              ​https://www.change.org/p/the-bbc-repeat-your-treasure-trove-of-single-drama-such-as-play-for-today-and-screen-one-on-bbc4-now

Comment

Working...
                              X