• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Music Mags - 70s

NME and Record Song Book

Comment

Always been music mad. i used to buy NME, MM, Sounds throughout the late 70's into the 90's.
      I also used to pick up Disco 45, Smash Hits, Popstar weekly, Record Mirror, and tons others.
      I still have a collection of vintage NME's and sounds.. may scan a few

Comment

I used to buy Disco 45 every week in the early 70s.
        sigpic
        'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

does anyone remember a music mag that came out in around 1981 (im guessing that year because i seem to recall issue 1 had a visage article in it) it only was only around for about 6 months before going bust , i cant think for the life of me what it was called ive tried putting defunkt music magazines into search engines /google etc but to no avail it was a glossy mag akin to smash hits and NO1 but it was a `serious` music mag like NME/sounds i had every edition and must have kept it going as long as it did because no one remembers it
          it was another one of my magazine collection along with early editions of 2000ad the history of rock, sounds and NME that my dear old mum chucked out the minute i left home

Comment

Mags around that time in that small glossy would have been Zigzag, Flexipop, Noise (which was a Sounds offshoot) & Kicks (very short lived)

I'd have gone for Noise or Kicks
            Last edited by sixtyten; 13-08-2010, 10:50.

Comment

I remember buying that copy of noise - I was mad about David Sylvian/Japan.
              "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

This is first issue of Kicks.. jog any memories? (I still think it's Noise you want personally)

Comment

pop music lyrics magazine

Anyone remember the title of the weekly or fortnightly magazine that printed lyrics from current pop songs back in the 60's-70's?

My partner thinks it had a 1 word title, I'm not sure.

Any help appreciated, it's driving her mad.

Regards

Gam

Comment

Re: pop music lyrics magazine

Disco 45? https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...yrics+magazine ( EDIT.. the earliest copy I can find is from 1970 )

could be 'words' also mentioned on that thread. WORDS Record book was just know as RECORD Songbook in the sixties http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_t...ecord+songbook

Heather

Comment

Re: pop music lyrics magazine

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy View Post
                        Evening All,

OK, I'm mid forties (thanks for the birthday reminder the other week DYR) and to cut a long one short, I'm remembering 70's music magazines. I used to get Popswop regularly when I could. At £0.03 per issue, it was a challenge, until Mam & Dad agreed to add it to the paper bill. It sounds daft now, but thrupence for a comic was a bit steep! Anyone remember Music Star? I think it first came out in about 71/72?
                        My sister got an early issue with lots of David Cassidy and Donny Osmond pics. It was 7 pence though, so she couldn't get a regular gig! Could be wrong, but I reckon the first issue had the lyrics (songwords) to "Solid Gold Easy Action". Anyone confirming?
                        Does anyone remember a mag called "It's Here And Now"? I reckon it was always a bit out of my price range until summer. In July/August, we usually had a week at the coast. A bit of extra holiday money, combined with the publications' "Summer/Holiday Special" rip off edition! Was "Disco 45" a mag consisting mainly of "songwords" with no colour pics?
                        I'm sure ther were other publications. Anyone else got suggestions?
                        Good evening, Danny. Yes, I remember 'It's Here And Now'. I don't think it was around for very long though.
                        The best Government is that which governs least - Thoreau.

Comment

Working...
                        X