Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "We'll stay up all night" - 1970s childrens book

Hi all

In the mid 1970s, I can clearly remember reading this book, & it's hand drawn picture on the front of 2 children sitting down, it also had a totally white backgroung & (i think), the title was written in black.

I cannot find any trace of this book anywhere..Does this book sound familiar to anyone???

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Heather74; 19-04-2010, 16:54.

Re: "We'll stay up all night" - 1970s childrens book

I have a few Enid Blyton book of short stories. In the 'Happy Hours Story Book' there's one called 'We'll stay up all night!' It's about two twins Peter and Pamela who are staying with their granny and grandpa. They don't want to go to bed, later on they're in bed and feeling too warm so they sneak down to get some pieces of ice from the fridge to suck. Then they decide to stay up all night and settle down to continue with their jigsaw and then they play with blocks. They get tired and nod off only to be woken by someone creeping in. They get a fright and hide, then call a policeman out the window. It turns out to be their grandpa all the time.
    Some of Blyton's story collections have one of the stories as a title for the whole book. Maybe the book you remember had it on the front.

Comment

Hi ann22,

Thanks for the reply..That seems to be the story that I remember (It has also jogged my memory as to the picture on the cover...They were indeed playing with a jigsaw/blocks).

I now also recall that the book had a few drawings in (half page, under the text)..I'll keep hunting..I'm sure i'll find it one day.

Once again, a big thank you for your reply.

Comment

The story features in this edition on ebay

Happy Hours Story Book Happy Hours Story Book http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HAPPY-HOURS-ST...#ht_1316wt_939
        Heather

Comment

Thanks so much for all your help..I will be getting a copy of this for old times sake

Comment

Working...
          X