Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: some of my favourite lesser known Sci fi films.

Default Re: some of my favorite lesser known Sci fi films.

Good call
    Liquid Sky is even further out than Naked Lunch (film, not book)

Gunhed.
    WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vanhelsing View Post
    Gunhed.
    Gunhed was quite poor. A better movie that promises giant robot action but then rather fails to deliver is Robot Jox.

When someone said 'liquid sky' I thought they were talking about Damnation Alley!

For great '70s sci-fi you can't beat Sean Connery in a nappy with a floating head spitting out guns in Zardoz!

Some say there's a movie called Flash Gordon, but I've never heard of it. I grew up watching loads of sci-fi, cant even begin to name them.
    How about "Contamination", and my old favourite, "Mutant".

Quote Originally Posted by Wil View Post
    Gunhed was quite poor. A better movie that promises giant robot action but then rather fails to deliver is Robot Jox.

When someone said 'liquid sky' I thought they were talking about Damnation Alley!

For great '70s sci-fi you can't beat Sean Connery in a nappy with a floating head spitting out guns in Zardoz!
    OOOOHHHH god yes, first saw this in my 1990's slacker period, i remember watching this round my first flat with a bunch of mates drinking mayfield brand lager at a whopping 2.3% ABV. Belting film!
    Also, last week, i managed to get hold of a video that was the worst space vampire film i ever saw round about the mid 1990's, its so bad its brilliant. called LIFE FORCE

i was starting with shingles when i first saw this one, watching a bizarre film in a high chicken pox fever is certainly interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Wil View Post

Outlander is classic.

I loved Robot Jox, Crash and Burn was so-so, but wasnt there a live action film made by the same company? Humans and aliens fighting in an Arena?

I very much enjoyed "Silent Running" too....some amazing special effects for the time by Douglas Trumball (who had worked also on 2001 A Space Odyssey)
    Also add to your list "Dark City".....which stars the gorgeous Jennifer Connelly....

Cheers
    Sgt S

Jennifer Connelly is a goddess. Dark City is a sad film. They keep trying to get to Shell Beach but never quite make it.

I have a VHS tape of Max Headroom The Movie. Lasts about 55 minutes, made by Channel 4, first screened Christmas 1985, music by Midge Ure and Chris Cross from Ultravox. It tells the story of how Max Headroom was created. My avatar is a still from it. It was screened a few years ago during the 25th anniversary celebrations of Channel 4. Never released on DVD as far as I know.

They made a whole sci-fi series about him in the USA. I notice that it was recently released on DVD in the States, but it is Region 1 coding and NTSC.

Some happy memories flooding back! The Carpenter remake of The Thing is that rarest of beasts - a remake that improves on the original! I actually quite enjoyed Hell Comes to Frogtown - but I was probably watching through beer goggles. The combat scenes in Robot Jox and Crash and Burn were undeniably quite spectacular (but the waffly script in between was dire). Anyone else remember Moontrap? One of the legendary Bruce Campbell's lesser-known movies, but pretty good, with a particularly gruesome animated corpse!

dark city blew my mind.

Any mention of Saturn 5(?)

Anyone seen Dark side of the moon?