Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

some of my favourite lesser known Sci fi films.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: some of my favourite lesser known Sci fi films.

"Has any one seen a film called 'Hell Comes To Frog Town'"

It's on scifi/horror channel TONIGHT (Friday 18th Feb). Worth a look - some very bizarre and laugh-out-loud moments!

Comment

there is one on tonight on bbc2.
      its called the damned.
      a hammer scifi.
      real good.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Re: some of my favorite lesser known Sci fi films.

Go on, I'll admit it: I like Saturn 3. I also liked The Time Travellers, a tv movie (I think, or was it just a very cheap film?) where scientists stepped through a portal into a war-devastated world featuring mutants and androids. And what about The Earth Dies Screaming? Terrence Fisher took out time from filming the adventures of Dracula and Frankenstein for Hammer to make (seemingly with no budget) a very John Wyndham-like chiller about the death of the human race, and an invasion by robot and their resuscitated human slaves. Looks very tatty now on Youtube, but quite frightening when you are a kid!

Comment

yes saturn 3 i do like.
          what about philadelphia experiment,another one i watch regular

Comment

Remember going to cinema with a mate to see a double bill of The Giant Spider Invasion and The Incredible Melting Man, both so bad they were fun. Also enjoyed Bug, which I think was William Castle's last film.

Comment

hands of steel which stars george eastman and janet agren.
              its about a cyborg sent to do away with a scientist who holds the fate of mankind in his hands..

Comment

Cheesiest sci-fi I've ever seen was Megaforce. Haven't seen it in 20+ years but this bit still haunts me enough to track it down on youtube:

http://splicd.com/Y6TK8-wFHyE/87/95

Comment

My guilty pleasure is the two Guyver films. For some reason I quite like the first film Mutronics as there is a cringe worthy critter who likes to do a bit of rapping. He sort of looks a bit like a demented Jar-Jar Binks that's gone wrong and just as annoying. Also have fond memories of the two Bronx films from the 80's, the Bronx warriors and escape from the Bronx.Exploding arrows(Escape from the Bronx) and an over the top 80's idea of gang fashion is just fantastic.
                  Hell comes to frog town is a film I clearly remember, but not many people seem to recall the two follow up films.

Comment

i have that bronx warriors on vhs video i got it from boot sale and i never watched it looks like ill have to go dig this out and try convert to dvd to have a bash now

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
                    My guilty pleasure is the two Guyver films. For some reason I quite like the first film Mutronics as there is a cringe worthy critter who likes to do a bit of rapping. He sort of looks a bit like a demented Jar-Jar Binks that's gone wrong and just as annoying. Also have fond memories of the two Bronx films from the 80's, the Bronx warriors and escape from the Bronx.Exploding arrows(Escape from the Bronx) and an over the top 80's idea of gang fashion is just fantastic.
                    Hell comes to frog town is a film I clearly remember, but not many people seem to recall the two follow up films.
                    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

killer shrews
                      the brain from planet arous
                      mission to mars

the deadly mantis

ive seen so many obscure ones and i love them.

Comment

I know those films very well. A rather good film is the monolith monsters. I think I am a bit like you Darren. I seem to obtain some rather obscure sci fi. One film that is extremely good and I really like is Them. Giant ants roaming about. Great film and good looking critters. Even now it seems to hold together very well for its age. Another fav of mine is fiend without a face. Brain monsters.........

Yep nothing like a good ole B movie.

Comment

im mad about B movies indeed mate.time travelers is superb.

one i just saw it beginning of the end from 1957 about super huge locusts that eat and destroy everything.
                          i get them on youtube.

another is the strange world of planet X, another the giant claw.

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
                          I know those films very well. A rather good film is the monolith monsters. I think I am a bit like you Darren. I seem to obtain some rather obscure sci fi. One film that is extremely good and I really like is Them. Giant ants roaming about. Great film and good looking critters. Even now it seems to hold together very well for its age. Another fav of mine is fiend without a face. Brain monsters.........

Yep nothing like a good ole B movie.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzfuNSpP0RA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez2XfvN8XSc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubcEUr5ALJ0

Comment

monolith monsters

dark side of the moon

Comment

The incredible shrinking man

Dune

Zardoz

Invasion of the body snatchers 50's and 70's versions.

Comment

Working...
                                X