Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

some of my favourite lesser known Sci fi films.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: some of my favourite lesser known Sci fi films.

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
    Good choice! Julie Christie!

Was Julie Christie in it? I remember Lynne Frederick, but I am struggling to recall Christie's part.

Comment

Dark star, a low budget treasure, seek it out, brilliant.

Comment

+ Philadelphia Experiment where in the 40's an experiment in stealth breaks the space time
        continuum sending a warship into the future
        sigpic
        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
          + Philadelphia Experiment where in the 40's an experiment in stealth breaks the space time
          continuum sending a warship into the future

Similarly, The Final Countdown with Kirk Douglas as captain of a modern-day US aircraft carrier that is transported back to just before Pearl Harbour, and the agonising over whether to intervene or let history play out as it did.

A Japanese film I saw in the early/mid 80s on video in which a Japanese tank and its crew are transported back to samurai-era Japan. Can't recall its title.

Comment

Originally posted by angliaknight View Post
            Dark star, a low budget treasure, seek it out, brilliant.
            I like it too, it was an influence on Red Dwarf & maybe The Hitchikers Guide To The Galaxy.

One of the actors in it, Dan O'Bannen went on to write Alien.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
              Similarly, The Final Countdown with Kirk Douglas as captain of a modern-day US aircraft carrier that is transported back to just before Pearl Harbour, and the agonising over whether to intervene or let history play out as it did.
              I forgot about that one

I remember them contacting Naval command telling them what is going to happen & they reply we do not have a ship called that in the Navy
              sigpic
              Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

FARENHEIT 451.
                In an oppressive future, a fireman whose duty is to destroy all books begins to question his task.

This fururistic flick was rather quirky. had a good cast tho from memory and the story was plausible.

Comment

A foreign film I recall and enjoyed was this ON THE SILVER GLOBE (1988)
                  A team of astronauts land on an inhabitable planet and form a society. Many years later, a single astronaut is sent to the planet and becomes a messiah.

Comment

This rather obscure Charlton Heston helmed flick was pretty good.
                    Soylent Green (1973)

In the world ravaged by the greenhouse effect and overpopulation, an NYPD detective investigates the murder of a big company CEO.-

Comment

I'm a big fan of silent running, I remember one year my Dad said it was on. We turned over to watch a very good submarine film called? Anyone wish to guess.
                      Always ready for chat.

Comment

Originally posted by Caitlyn View Post
                        I'm a big fan of silent running, I remember one year my Dad said it was on. We turned over to watch a very good submarine film called? Anyone wish to guess.
                        Run Silent, Run Deep?

Comment

The hunt for red october?
                          Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by catflap View Post
                            The Enemy Below?

Comment

That reminds me of a really good sci-fi movie called Enemy Mine, with Dennis Quaid and Louis Gosset jr, summary below.

A soldier from Earth crash lands on an alien world after sustaining battle damage. Eventually, he encounters another survivor, but from the enemy species he was fighting. They band together to survive on this hostile world.

Comment

Originally posted by catflap View Post
                                yep, very gripping film loved it.
                                Always ready for chat.

Comment

Working...
                                X