Saturday morning telly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday morning telly

Most people remember the popular Saturday morning shows like Swapshop and Tiswas, but can anyone remember some of the more obscure ones? Those that spring to mind are the ones that ITV put on during the summer. 'Get Fresh', '8:15 from Manchester' and my all time favourite 'On the Waterfront'. There must have been more...
    Last edited by Trickyvee; 25-04-2010, 22:44.
    1976 Vintage

Re: Saturday morning telly

The show whos presenters name i will not utter, absolutely the most irritating man on kids tv ever, Wide Awake Club.
    i wanted to punch him right on the fizzog i hated him that much
    or
    No. 73 with sandy toksvig, i loved the sandwich game. She always looked completely bemused.

drove past a house somewhere in west yorkshire a couple of years ago, the house number was 73 and they had painted the door red with a big 73 and had the fan shape glass over the top. it was fantastic but i bet it went over most peoples heads.

Comment

What about The Mersey Pirate? I dont think it managed to limp past one series. Set on a ferry across the Mersey, featured local dj Billy Butler, Frank Carson and a string of B and C list celebs

Comment

I loved watching the Disney Club on a Sunday morning in the late 80's... not for the cartoons, but to gape at Andria Borderman, I was 13 or 14 when it was on, and I fancied her pants off.

Comment

Seseme Street and The Banana Splits, oh and The Munsters. Weren't they on, on Saturdays? Or maybe it was Summer hol mornings I'm thinking of.

Comment

Used to flick between Swap Shop and Tiswas. Only ones i've bothered with after that were Saturday Superstore, the show that had Cat Deeley and Ant and Dec in Chums and the one that Holly Willoughby was in.
            "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

I remember 'Number 73' well. I once visited the TVS studios in Maidstone whilst they were filming it, although this was in 1988 so by this time it was called '7T3' and had a wild west theme park setting. It was great to watch it being made though. Some of it was filmed on the Friday before it was due to go out, and the rest was filmed live.
              "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Originally posted by Austin Maxi View Post
                I remember 'Number 73' well. I once visited the TVS studios in Maidstone whilst they were filming it, although this was in 1988 so by this time it was called '7T3' and had a wild west theme park setting. It was great to watch it being made though. Some of it was filmed on the Friday before it was due to go out, and the rest was filmed live.
                Was Sandy Toksvig still in the show at that stage?

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
                  Was Sandy Toksvig still in the show at that stage?
                  No, she'd long gone by then. Can't recall the names of the presenters working on it at the time, but the musical guests that week were Doctor & The Medics, and I watched them performing a drum fill on the interior stage set during the Friday afternoon.
                  "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Anyone remember "Zocko," a kind of cartoon show supposedly hosted by a pinball machine? I can still hear the voice going "Zocko! Score Fifteen. Felix! (the Cat)"
                    Still crazy after all these years.

Comment

Hi Raymond, you must have over looked Sixtytens reply here https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/threads/1428-Zokko
                      Heather

Comment

Working...
                      X