1980's/90's game show question driving me mad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1980's/90's game show question driving me mad

The Missus has been driving me mad abou this. She remembers a game show in the UK from the late 80's/early 90's where people demonstrated weird talents that they had. The two that she remembers are Quentin Willson being able to tell what the car was just by the sound of the engine revving and another woman being able to continue the dialogue of a scene of Jeremy Brett's sherlock holmes series when it was stopped at certain points. I seem to remember one that may have been one from the same series that had a kid being able to tell the make and model of 50 (or something) cars just by looking at the rear light units from them.

I'd be grateful to you lovely people if anyone could help with the name of this game show.

Re: 1980's/90's game show question driving me mad

It's not "You bet" is it?
    sigpic

Comment

Are you sure on the years? Quentin Wilson didn't start on TV till late 90's

Don't try this at home?
      You Bet?
      Moment Of Truth?

Comment

I think I remember it, well I remember a gameshow in the nineties alright where people would enter it to test some mad talent they'd have, like the ability to identify 100 birds by their tweets , maybe not 100 but you get the drift.Can't think of the name of it.
        Last edited by ann22; 28-04-2010, 22:14.

Comment

It does sound like 'You Bet'. Celebrities would have to bet on whether the challenger would be able to do the task or not. Both Matthew Kelly and Bruce Forsyth were hosts (although not at the same time).
          "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

I think this sounds like "You Bet." I recall there was one when someone could tell a song by placing a candle by a speaker and noting the movement of the candle flame. It was hosted by Matthew Kelly and later by Bruce Forsyth or vice-versa.

Comment

Is it 'People do the funniest things'?

Comment

I'd say You Bet. Hosted by Matthew Kelly it would feature the strange feats and party tricks members of the public could claim to do and a panel of celebrities would then bet whether they could do it or not - with the money accumulated going to their chosen charity at the end of the episode. A Saturday night stalwart of the early to mid 90s, it was pretty much copied by the BBC in 2011 with Epic Win, hosted by Alexander Armstrong which lasted just one series.
                ​https://www.change.org/p/the-bbc-repeat-your-treasure-trove-of-single-drama-such-as-play-for-today-and-screen-one-on-bbc4-now

Comment

It was indeed 'You Bet!' I remember the guy identifying cars by their tail-lights alone. There was also a man who could type out 'you bet' on a computer keyboard using the bucket of a JCB and a man who could close a matchbox without crushing it, using the weight of a massive forklift. There was also a lady who could identify cheeses, blindfold, by sniffing them.

Comment

Working...
                  X