Thread: Match Point??

Default Match Point??

I'm not sure if this is the correct title (I must be getting senile used to be able to remember these things with little effort!) but this was a very good kids' drama about tennis (surprised?). It concerned a cockney boy, Barry, who teams up with a young posh girl to practice his tennis but the class divide causes both of them a lot of grief. Anyway Barry is very good and has the potential to be a professional however he has an adversary in the shape of a throroughly nasty oik of a boy who eventually gets his cummupence. I think twas on around 1979-1980. It was very well acted and would be worth repeating. Have I got the title correct?

Default Re: Match Point??

yes i remember it, but i thought it was called break point. about 1976/77 i think.
    I seem to remember it was about a kid from a poor background showing some talent, getting a scholarship to a tennis academy and having to deal with the other posh rich kids hostlity,
    I remember the theme music being the middle section from the track Autobahn by Kraftwerk. First time i ever heard Kraftwerk and was hooked ever since on synthesisers.

Default Re: Match Point??

Twas indeed "Breakpoint"