Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark

This 1973 TV movie gave me the right willies at the time ( I was 9). A young couple inherit an old house and the wife unspectingly releases loads of little demons.

I'm a bit afraid to watch it again (I've seen it crop up on Ebay now and again) as I'm sure it's not as good as I remember and I don't want to ruin my memory. I remember it scaring my Mum's friend and the next morning we'd whisper to her in little demon voices 'we waaaant yooooou'. If I remember right it ends up with the all the electric gone and the demons advancing on the wife who only has a camera with one of those old flash blocks (they're afraid of the light) to protect her. Of course, one by one, she uses the flashes up...

OMG I remember this film I was sooo scared after watching it. I had such a hard time sleeping. This is one of the scariest movies of the early 70's. The voices whispering out of the chimmeny what freaked me out.

Comment

Re: Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark

This one was just sick - I am 46 and clearly remember how it scared the willies outta me! These little imps or demons or whatever come out of an old furnace in the basement. SPOILER ALERT (Ending follows!): They finally drag her towards and then into the little doorway - I think just as her husband or someone arrives? The house is shown all deserted again and now her voice is present with the others - something like "Someone will come..." AARRRGGH. Goosebumps!

Comment

I posted on another thread about a couple of seventies horror movies that I remember very well. But I'd forgotten about this one! Great to be reminded of it again. Deliciously creepy! The whole thing is up on YT, but the picture quality is very poor.

Comment

i have no idea what it was but i vivdly remeber being scared by some film in which a mother was cruel to her child then he died somehow, then she wanted him back? then the chid came back, and she said she was really peased to see him, and hugged him, then the chid said in really scary gruff voice "he didnt want to come back, so he sent me instead........." and the child was some sort fo demon i think.

very vague memory of that

Comment

Working...
          X