TV Shows Only You Seem To Remember

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV Shows Only You Seem To Remember

I remember a programme on TV as a kid called "Isla's Island" - series (Grampian TV) 1973/74 It took me ages to track it down, no one else seems to remember it keeping in mind I would have been 3 or 4 years old when it was aired
    main character was singer/song writer Isla St Claire.... she was dressed as a Pirate on an island stage with a puppet seal as a side kick, used to play spider-man cartoon, would love to see some footage of Isla's Island again :S

DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

Lots of memories rekindled here for me.
      Ace of Wands, did anyone else experience the weird effect at the closing credits? It was a strobe type effect that showed up as purple on a black and white tv. My mum couldn't see it, but my sister and I saw t independently.
      Magnus Magnusson did a couple of good series that were shown in the Summer hols, Children of Destiny was one(I think) the other was about strange supernatural legends eg The Fairy Flag (somewhere in Scotland) and a horrible story of a drummer boy stuffed into his own drum in the Middle Ages who then haunted the castle and its inhabitants banshee style ever after.

Comment

I remember Children of Destiny. I don't remember all of them, but three have stuck in my memory. If it's the series I think it is, then Mary Queen of Scots was featured, as was the Tsarevitch Alexei (son of Nicholas II of Russia) and Napoleon Bonaparte's son, "The King of Rome"

Comment

Good thread. How about this one - does anyone else remember a terrible (to my memory) Sci Fi serial called Star Maidens? It was in the mid 70s, and one of the stars was Gareth Thomas, a year or so before he became Blake of Blake's 7.

Comment

Glad it's not just me Londinius, IMDB has no record of CoD. The theme tune was "Lavender" I recall.

Star maidens, yes I think so. Sunday lunchtimes I think with props made by the local primary school. Wasn't one of the Geeson sisters in it?

Comment

Cartoon was called Speed Buggy

Comment

Star Maidens - an Anglo-German sci-fi series was great fun! Loads of eye-candy!

Comment

Star maidens - get the whole 13 episodes offa youtube

DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

I think a lot of people do remember it but there is not even a snatch of sitcom 'A Small Problem' online.

Comment

"Breaking Point" (or "Break Point") - kids program about a kid struggling with the pressures of becoming a professional tennis player...

I remember it as being quite good - but then I also loved tennis...

Comment

Cartoon king kong and cartoon tarzan no body remember these i use to love the cartoon tarzan
                        THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

i sure remember these.

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
                          Cartoon king kong and cartoon tarzan no body remember these i use to love the cartoon tarzan
                          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Do you remember goober the ghost hunter that was another forgot bout
                            THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

+Kids Fom 47A where an older sister is left to bring up her younger siblings. I think the parents might have been killed in an accident

+Lizzie Dripping where Tina Heath (long before she went on to be a Blue Peter presenter) played Penelope Arbuckle (Lizzie Dripping) who had a friend who was a witch (played by Sonia Dresden)
                              sigpic
                              Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Lizzie Dripping. There's a blast from the past. Had forgotten that until you mentioned it.

Comment

Working...
                                X