• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TV Shows Only You Seem To Remember

I used to watch Kit Curran

Comment

Originally posted by Solo View Post
      Chockablock - early-mid 80's children TV programme - I finally realised I wasn't making it up when I found it on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnWcm5dr45s
      I remember the kids' programme "Chock-A-Block". Sometimes a woman presented it, referred to as Chockagirl, sometimes a man presented it and was called Chockabloke. At the start the presenter would say "Chockagirl/Chockabloke checking in" as he/she entered the studio riding the Chockatruck. Just before the end credits, the presenter said "Chockagirl/Chockabloke checking out", and rode out on the Chockatruck.

Chock-A-Block itself was effectively a computer, with screen (for videos), swirling reels, various buttons, flashing lights etc. There was a cartridge slot for blocks. The presenter put in a block containing material for the programme.

It was really aimed at under 5s, but I remember watching it during school holidays when I was during my primary school years.

Originally posted by Austin Maxi View Post
      It replaced 'Pipkins'.
      No actually. For starters, Chock-A-Block was on BBC1 in the pre-school programme slot lunchtime, i.e. 1.45pm to 2pm, just like Trumpton, Chigley, Camberwick Green, Bod, The Flumps, Bric-A-Brac, Mr. Men and similar BBC pre-school programmes. Pipkins was on ITV, made by ATV. Pipkins was replaced by Let's Pretend, made by Central. Interestingly Let's Pretend replaced Pipkins at the beginning of January 1982, the time when Central replaced ATV as the ITV Midlands franchise holder.
      I am 13 ... times 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
        Captain Zep could be on my "Good sounding TV shows I never got to see" list, I've seen a few stills in a BBC year book that show that it used a lot of blue screen techniques.
        Cheapo TV series which was still entertaining, even though it used badly executed drawings so that the young guests could figure out who did the intergalatic crimes that were described. Also, the bloke from Spender was a sort of space lawyer or judge, if memory serves.

Comment

Yus My Dear, anyone else remember sitcom with Arfur Mullard?

Comment

Originally posted by poodle1977 View Post
            Kit Curran Radio Show. It was on in the early 80s yet no-one else my age seems to remember it
            Irritating DJ at a radio station who always got on everyone's nerves. Star Wars Dennis Lawson played the main man if I recall. It was funny for a time: circa 1985.

Comment

Originally posted by Star Attraction View Post
              No actually. For starters, Chock-A-Block was on BBC1 in the pre-school programme slot lunchtime, i.e. 1.45pm to 2pm, just like Trumpton, Chigley, Camberwick Green, Bod, The Flumps, Bric-A-Brac, Mr. Men and similar BBC pre-school programmes. Pipkins was on ITV, made by ATV. Pipkins was replaced by Let's Pretend, made by Central. Interestingly Let's Pretend replaced Pipkins at the beginning of January 1982, the time when Central replaced ATV as the ITV Midlands franchise holder.
              You're right, I bu**gered that up. I knew it was 'Let's Pretend' I just got them mixed up.
              "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Does anyone remember the name of a supernatural drama that was aired in the early 90's on ITV? (I think). It was a 2 or 3 part drama which was basically the same story as 'The Witches of Eastwick'.

Comment

Does anyone remember a programme which I think was called Playboard,it was presented by Christopher Lilycrap,there was two puppets called Hedgie and Mo,I think it was on on a Sunday morning on bbc1.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooper68 View Post
                    Does anyone remember a programme which I think was called Playboard,it was presented by Christopher Lilycrap,there was two puppets called Hedgie and Mo,I think it was on on a Sunday morning on bbc1.
                    I remember that very well!!! Never really liked it though. Didn't like Mr Lilicrap!!!
                    Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

I remember Christopher Lillicrap. How can you forget a name like that.
                      "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

How about Gran (think it was called), also in the pre-school lunch time slot. Theme tune used to go "Hello Gran how are you, how'd you feel today, I just popped by to see if I could be of help in any way, I always like to come and spend my time with you, you always seem to think of something great to do, you really are the most, I think that I can boast, you really are the most amazing gran" . Never remembered alongside favourites such as Bagpuss, Bod, The Flumps etc
                        1976 Vintage

Comment

I remember Gran, I think it was made by Ivor Wood productions, who made Postman Pat, The Herbs & some other stop motion animations.

The last time I remember it airing was in 1987-8 as part of the pre-school CBBC. My sister used to get my Mum to video Play School (& later Play bus/days) & whatever other programmes were in the strand. We often use to record the odd show 5 to 11 as well.

One of our favourite ones was when Gran held a tea party for a chimp, which became known in our house as the "Monkey Burp" episode. In the end I think my Mum made us record something over.
                          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I can't actually remember much about the programme itself, other than it had 'gran' and her grandson and they were Postman Pat-like characters. I was probably too busy singing the theme tune to watch the show lol
                            1976 Vintage

Comment

I used to love Space Patrol when i was a few yrs old.My favourite was Fireball XL5,and the robot used to say"Welcome Home Steve"
                              You Will Never Walk Alone

Comment

the programmes i remember that leave people with blank faces as they have no recognition of them are

Tomfoolery -a 1970`s hanna and barbera type cartoon that was just made out of silly little bits it was on sunday midmornings before `the big match` with brian moore

another american cartoon but i cant remember ithis ones name but it about a group of kids who have a beach buggy and they drive it under something like a sun lamp and it shrinks them so they can go on adventures

a series that used to be on kids tv itv in the mid `70`s no idea what it was called ,for some reason i think it was on a friday evening, it was set in a guest house that was in the middle of nowhere bank robbers or something go there and take all the guests hostage to escape the police
                                one bit that sticks in my mind is someone calling the police by tapping on the little black buttons that the hand set sat ( what are they called?) on rather then using the dial to be quiet

and another mid `70`s kids show think this one was called the georgian house it was a museum that reverted to the time the house was built and the people who lived in it im sure someone from the present time gets trapped in the past

Comment

Working...
                                X