Clear All

Re: TV Shows Only You Seem To Remember

Last sounds like The Georgian House ??

clips can be found on youtube

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Georgian_House
    Heather

Comment

I'm trying to remember the name of a show about a kid with a dog who had an alien friend that was a flying saucer with a head shaped like ET's. People remember the show but nodody remembers the name. Its driving me mad. Anyone know?

Comment

Whizziwig? (Not sure about the spelling,but it was something like that, although I think there was an earlier show called WYSIWYG)

Comment

Spot on David Whizziwig http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E93hpls8S_w
          Heather

Comment

Originally posted by n3llyo View Post

Tomfoolery -a 1970`s hanna and barbera type cartoon that was just made out of silly little bits it was on sunday midmornings before `the big match` with brian moore
            Here you are: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MjkCFEv6HY

Comment

Originally posted by gareth2274 View Post
              I'm trying to remember the name of a show about a kid with a dog who had an alien friend that was a flying saucer with a head shaped like ET's. People remember the show but nodody remembers the name. Its driving me mad. Anyone know?
              That sounds Like Benji, Zax & The Alien Prince.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Thought of a few more!

Tube Mice- This one was ace. The adventures of four mice who lived on the London Underground, two of who were voiced by George Cole and Dennis Waterman.

The Little Green Man- Cartoon series about a boy who's friends with a little green alien who is invisible to everyone except the boy. I think I still have a storybook somewhere based on this show.

Benjy- Not surprised that no-one remembers Benjy as it was THE most boring show ever, so boring that as a kid I always called it 'Boring Benjy'. I think it was BBC, it was a show about a dog called Benjy, the story was narrated by a woman and the whole thing was told in still-frame pictures, each story would be about a group of kids taking Benjy for a walk somewhere and... not much would happen. So boring it'd be worth watching for the sheer laughability of it boredom factor!

Three Seven Eleven- I'm gonna start a separate thread about this one when I've time as it was a surprisingly great show. Early 90s CITV series set in a primary school, conceived as a primary school equivalent of Grange Hill. Memorable mainly for its insanely catchy guitar-filled theme tune, but the plots were pretty damn good too, savagely underrated show.

Comment

Does anyone remember an imported (French/Belgian?) kids telly programme from the late 1960s called "Mystery of the Cave"? And while I'm about it, did anyone watch the morning showing of "Mr Piper" in the early 1970s. It was show one summer during the holidays and I was besotted with it!

Comment

an american comedy programme from the `70s about a policeman who had a robot as his side kick seem to think it was called sherlock and holmes for some reason

Comment

Originally posted by branny View Post
                      I see some lads that i've known since I was about 17 every couple of months for a beer and a catch up. We always cover the same subjects. Films, football, nostalgia. They are a couple of years younger than me and can't remember Hatty town, The Magic ball or Dynomutt, dog wonder.
                      Hey!!! I DEF remember Dynomutt!! SHOULD BE REPEATED!!
                      WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by n3llyo View Post
                        an american comedy programme from the `70s about a policeman who had a robot as his side kick seem to think it was called sherlock and holmes for some reason
                        I've never seen it, but seen something called Holmes & Yoyo in 1 or 2 old TV books, which sounds right.
                        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Maggie.. it was only on for 15 minutes a day (BBC2) and the title was sung and written by B.J. Robinson (what happened to him?)

Comment

B.A Robertson

as a Scot, you should know that

http://www.barobertsongs.com/

Comment

Am I the only person that remembers a programme that was on ITV on a friday or saturday night I think called Mog. The basic premise of the show was that the title character Mog was a burglar who breaks into a house not realising that it in fact a nursing home for patients with mental problems I seem to recall, but ends up staying as a patient or caretaker not sure which. He is befriended by the owners daughter. Can anyone direct me to where I can find any clips or dvds.

Comment

I remember it. Enn Reitel wasn't it?

Comment

Working...
                                X