Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TV Shows Only You Seem To Remember

Originally posted by n3llyo View Post
    the programmes i remember that leave people with blank faces as they have no recognition of them are

Tomfoolery -a 1970`s hanna and barbera type cartoon that was just made out of silly little bits it was on sunday midmornings before `the big match` with brian moore

another american cartoon but i cant remember ithis ones name but it about a group of kids who have a beach buggy and they drive it under something like a sun lamp and it shrinks them so they can go on adventures

a series that used to be on kids tv itv in the mid `70`s no idea what it was called ,for some reason i think it was on a friday evening, it was set in a guest house that was in the middle of nowhere bank robbers or something go there and take all the guests hostage to escape the police
    one bit that sticks in my mind is someone calling the police by tapping on the little black buttons that the hand set sat ( what are they called?) on rather then using the dial to be quiet

and another mid `70`s kids show think this one was called the georgian house it was a museum that reverted to the time the house was built and the people who lived in it im sure someone from the present time gets trapped in the past

I REMEMBER THAT ONE SET IN THE GUEST HOUSE!! Think it was called "A place to hide". Very well acted and a brilliant wee drama. The family who actually owned the Guest House and were being kept hostage became quite attached to their captors towards the end of the series. Seem to remember one scene where a cop turns up for lunch and they hide a secret message in a cucumber asking for help and the captors discover it....the tension was unbearable....would love to see this again.

Comment

Originally posted by aron1981 View Post
      supergran was good LOL spiderman, spiderwoman etc etc who remembers the original spiderman films late 70s i think or early 80s
      I saw the original spiderman films at the cinema. Very good back in the day

Comment

[QUOTE=Jingbang;143915]The lad in Seaview was called George he had big curly hair, national health glasses and needed a good slap, no one seems to remember..

Did he grow up to become the bloke who was whatshisface's friend in Brush Strokes? I always thought this, but probably not because I reckon they were on at about the same time. They looked similar I thought, though I haven't looked to check since!
        1976 Vintage

Comment

Get a load of what I've got on my SD card:-
          The ORIGINAL Japanese Battle Of The Planets theme, Gatchaman (I can't find an English version of the lyircs) and opening sequence
          Monkey full version)
          He-man (extended version)
          Two of the Listerine Dragin adverts
          A disco version of the Star Wars Theme
          The Star Fleet, Street Hawk, A-team (now come on, what would an 80s soundtrack be without it?), Airwolf and Knight Rider themes.

I suggest you use Youtube Downloader (free to download) and get yourselves over to www.4shared.com for more.
          WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by goldenone View Post
            I saw the original spiderman films at the cinema. Very good back in the day
            So did I, Goldmine. Anyway, get a load of Youtube Downloader and www.4shared.com (trouble was, my mate forgot the CD and we needed another).
            WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blitzkid View Post
              you mean centurions!
              don't tempt me!!!
              WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

A football game show based around skills (like a footballing version of it's a knockout) in the mid-late 70's. I think it was made by ATV and thought it was called "All in the game" but a search on imdb doesn't list anything. Bristol City always seemed to do well and I think they won it once.
                "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

I keep harping on about some movie i saw in the 80s about new zealand/australia....involved a girl and some koala bear , they could make some bar from eucalyptus leaves and i remember some tribesmen acting all trippy when they ate one....cant remember much more about it though it wasnt animation and im not sure if the koala talked or we could hear what it was thinking.??
                  Also some christmas cartoon about 2 bears looking for santa, there is one on youtube but its not that one for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroAEROSMITH View Post
                    I keep harping on about some movie i saw in the 80s about new zealand/australia....involved a girl and some koala bear , they could make some bar from eucalyptus leaves and i remember some tribesmen acting all trippy when they ate one....cant remember much more about it though it wasnt animation and im not sure if the koala talked or we could hear what it was thinking.??
                    Also some christmas cartoon about 2 bears looking for santa, there is one on youtube but its not that one for sure.
                    I think I remember seeing this, the koala was called Harry or Henry. When eating the bars there was a "boing" sound on the soundtrack.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Bring em back alive. Friday night. Similar to Indiana Jones starring Bruce Boxleitner and Cindy Morgan from Tron, early 80s.
                      A man called sloane (I think it was called TR Sloane over here). A Bond rip off starring Robert Conrad from the late 70s.
                      "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Originally posted by PETE 58 View Post
                        I used to love Space Patrol when i was a few yrs old.My favourite was Fireball XL5,and the robot used to say"Welcome Home Steve"
                        Actually it was Zoony (Venus's pet Lazoon) that used to say "Welcome home" in a rather drunken-sounding voice. He also had a few other phrases ("Howdy folks", "Follow me"), while Robert the Robot simply repeated whatever was said to him in a voice put through a modulator (the same effect was used for the Cybermen's voices in Doctor Who during the late 60s). Interestingly, Robert the Robot was voiced by none other than Gerry Anderson himself...the only time he did one of the voices in his puppet series.

Comment

Hands scared the **** out of me as a kid. In fact, watching this back makes me wonder how many drugs the presenters and production was on, it's absolutely mental.

Comment

I used to like Bitza, the against the clock challenge at the end of the show was almost always fun to watch.
                            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

It's a yardstick to see how fast crafting shows dumbed down. On there they showed you the basics and made you sort of get on with it. Now everything is step by stepped to the point where you're fed up of the bit of rubbish they are crafting.

Comment

The programme no-one esle seems to remember is an Australian series called The Magic Boomarang.

Tom Thumbleton is a 13 year old boy who finds a Boomarang which when thrown stops time, except for the thrower. This means he can escape the baddies by tying their shoelaces together, for example, when the boomarang was thrown.

Comment

Working...
                                X