TV Shows Only You Seem To Remember

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TV Shows Only You Seem To Remember

Of that list, I enjoyed Charles in Charge. I only ever saw the first series though.

There are a lot of Perfect Strangers episodes up on YouTube. Loved that.

Comment

I remember Seaview (with a pre-Blew Peter Yvette Fielding), Charles in charge (starring Scott "Bugsy Malone" Baio), Perfect strangers (from the days when BBC1 showed live action American sitcoms in prime time) & The groovey goolies (just about, easy to mix up with the Drac Pack).
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by poodle1977 View Post
        Kit Curran Radio Show. It was on in the early 80s yet no-one else my age seems to remember it
        I remember it. The first series, set in the radio station, was quite funny, the follow-up, where he became a pirate DJ, was pretty poor.

Anyone remember 'Feet First', a sitcom set in a football club? I remember there being an unscrupulous manager who would put a broken tooth near the centre circle when giving a prospective new signing a ground tour, and when the player found it, the manager would say "ah, that was when Bobby Charlton was knocked out on this very spot going for a header, and lost a tooth", and suitable starstruck kid would be so impressed he would sign.

I even remember two lines of the club song - it was like an acronym of the words 'T-H-E C-L-U-B', which began 'T is for the terraces, full of faithful fans, H is for...' and I don't remember anything else up to 'U is for the UEFA Cup we're gonna win in Brussels'. But then, I recall they only had one trophy in their cabinet, The Sunshine Cup 1974.

Comment

Have I made this up:

around 1983 but no later than 1987, a show about a boy and a girl. they live in a house with possibly their uncle or grandad. at the bottom of their garden is a stream, and on the other side of the stream lives Mr Wilberforce. it turned out Mr Wilberforce was not who he seemed,I recall him turning into a green jelly or plant like monster. He wasnt alone as there were other monsters similar, and he drove something like an estate or hearse and the uncle/grandad called it the wilberforce mobile. I think in later episodes the children ventured into the wilberforce house and even went down a hole.

Am i mad or was this real???

Comment

Hi Frank, that'll be the tv series Under The Mountain

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_the_Mountain
            Heather

Comment

You beauty. Im not mad. They used to freak me out when i was 5. My friends mocked me when i tried to descrimbe Star Fleet before i could remember the name, now i can convince them the Wilberforce monsters are real!!!!

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Solo View Post
                And Body Talk (least I *think* that was the name) - a series of short informative films about how the body works, with cartoons too. Nobody seems to remember this but I swear it existed!!
                This sounds like a programme I've been trying to track down, but not sure that was the name of it. The one I'm thinking of used to answer questions like 'what causes hiccups' and was on at about 4 o'clock on a Friday afternoon I think- does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by bluegwladys View Post
                  This sounds like a programme I've been trying to track down, but not sure that was the name of it. The one I'm thinking of used to answer questions like 'what causes hiccups' and was on at about 4 o'clock on a Friday afternoon I think- does anyone else know what I'm talking about?
                  Once upon a time...life ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Once_Upon_a_Time..._Life
                  Heather

Comment

It's ok, I found it- the one I was thinking of was called Corners! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corners_(TV_series)

Can't find any images or video clips online, except for one about the Dr WHo theme on Youtube- anyone got any links?

Comment

I really liked Corners, Sophie Aldred was one of the presenters when not being Ace in Dr who.

The mascot character Joe Korna was often the butt of jokes about having (or not having) a girlfriend for some reason.
                      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I remember Captain Zep and Tales of the Golden Monkey. I remember we used to joke at school that it should be Tales of the Brass Monkey.

I was a well into sci-fi as a kid and there are several shows I remember that never get mentioned by anybody: Gemini Man, Automan, Holmes and YoYo, the Fantastic Journey.

Comment

There was a program from when I was a kid. I can't really remember much about it.
                          The main character was being chased because he heard them talking about "chicken little"
                          Anyone have any idea what it was?
                          Last edited by Heather74; 25-05-2011, 12:38. Reason: making post forum family friendly

Comment

where shall i start lol
                            i started off cartoon wise mainly he man i loved it
                            tv progs wise
                            eastenders, knight rider,airwolf,street hawk(loved that)
                            alsoi used to lovbe fun house, power rangers, TMNT, thundercats, mysterious citites of gold, mask, postman pat, bagpuss, sooty,power extreme(i think it was called that), scooby doo of course :P
                            so many to list but i was a he man knight rider airwolf street hawk fanatic oh and miami vice

Comment

supergran was good LOL spiderman, spiderwoman etc etc who remembers the original spiderman films late 70s i think or early 80s

Comment

Originally posted by aron1981 View Post
                                power extreme(i think it was called that)
                                You mean Centurions!

Comment

Working...
                                X