• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV Shows Only You Seem To Remember

Movin' On

Comment

Not heard of any of those 3 the milkman.

I doubt uk tv got any of those 3 certainly not the new zealand programme.

Anyone remember a show called the tribe started in 1989 think its a new zealand show.
      Loved it i did.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
        Not heard of any of those 3 the milkman.

I doubt uk tv got any of those 3 certainly not the new zealand programme.

Anyone remember a show called the tribe started in 1989 think its a new zealand show.
        Loved it i did.
        They were all American tv shows darren.

Comment

After the films Convoy and Smokey & the Bandit came out, there were a few cash-in series on TV like this one I also remember:

Comment

Originally posted by agfagaevart View Post
            Irritating DJ at a radio station who always got on everyone's nerves. Star Wars Dennis Lawson played the main man if I recall. It was funny for a time: circa 1985.
            http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0295105/

Comment

• Originally posted by poodle1977 View Post
              Kit Curran Radio Show. It was on in the early 80s yet no-one else my age seems to remember it
              I remember it well! ....Well, when I say "well"... ???

Originally posted by n3llyo View Post
              the programmes i remember that leave people with blank faces as they have no recognition of them are

Tomfoolery -a 1970`s hanna and barbera type cartoon that was just made out of silly little bits it was on sunday midmornings before `the big match` with brian moore

another american cartoon but i cant remember ithis ones name but it about a group of kids who have a beach buggy and they drive it under something like a sun lamp and it shrinks them so they can go on adventures

a series that used to be on kids tv itv in the mid `70`s no idea what it was called ,for some reason i think it was on a friday evening, it was set in a guest house that was in the middle of nowhere bank robbers or something go there and take all the guests hostage to escape the police
              one bit that sticks in my mind is someone calling the police by tapping on the little black buttons that the hand set sat ( what are they called?) on rather then using the dial to be quiet

and another mid `70`s kids show think this one was called the georgian house it was a museum that reverted to the time the house was built and the people who lived in it im sure someone from the present time gets trapped in the past
              Oh yes, Tomfoolery! Inspired by the nonsense rhymes of Edward Lear! And it was for kids!

Originally posted by Roxxy View Post
              There are a number I could mention:
              'Chico and The Man'- early '70s American sitcom about an amiable black guy working for a grouchy old white redneck; they had a sort of 'love / hate' relationship. First broadcast in '72.
              Theme tune was by Jose Feliciano

Or the never repeated Sharpe Intake of Breath (phew!) with David Jason - who has only made one sitcom his whole life - called Fools & Horse Manure, which isn't true of course, but the bloody BBC wants us to think it is!!!
              Ace TV show! Also, "The Top Secret Life Of Edgar Briggs", about an inept British secret service agent IIRC...

Originally posted by Alant View Post
              What about BBC childrens drama shows from the 70s: "KING CINDER" about a young speedway rider played by Peter Duncan and "BREAK IN THE SUN" a young girl (Nicola Cowper) who leaves London and goes on a barge to Dreamland Amusement Park at Margate.

Was there an ITV programme in the early 1970s called "PATHFINDERS" that was about a bomber squadron in World War 2 flying Lancasters?
              Yes there was! A bit tedious, just like the Colditz series, but not too bad...

Now for some of mine

Soldier And Me
              The Aeronauts (dubbed from French)
              Motormouse And Autocat
              Hope & Keen's Magic Bus
              Spyder's Web
              Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Not heard of them but often i dont remember a show by name then i check it out and i do remember it/them.

Where these ever shown in the uk maybe a reason i dont remember them.

Originally posted by zabadak
                some of mine

soldier and me
                the aeronauts (dubbed from french)
                motormouse and autocat
                hope & keen's magic bus
                spyder's web
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

The Brothers from about 30 years ago . Sunday night BBC I recall ..

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                    The Brothers from about 30 years ago . Sunday night BBC I recall ..
                    I've not seen it but I know it starred Colin Baker pre-Dr Who.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

The Lovers

Comment

There was a kids book show starring Mel Smith called Smith and Goody from 1980. Was only on for one series.

The opening credits began with cartoon renditions of the presenters engaged in a friendly exchange:

Mel: Whatcha Bob
                        Bob: Whatcha Mel
                        Mel: Whatcha been up to?
                        Bob: Can't you tell?
                        Bob: I've been taking a look at a book
                        Bob: I've been taking a squint at the print
                        Bob: I've been worming my way through a paperback a day
                        Bob: and I'll tell you all about it if you're in-ter-es-ted
                        The chorus went something like:
                        "Good books, bad books and never been had books
                        "good books, bad books and sad books
                        There's a book about a plane that disappeared without a trace,
                        book about a man who came from outer space
                        Mel: Tell you what, Bob. What's next?

Comment

A few more I've just remembered:
                          Chopper Squad: Aussie series from the late '70s about a helicopter rescue team. A kind of Bodie & Doyle in the air.
                          Star Fleet: Jap puppet series about a crime fighting team similar to Thunderbirds. Except some of them got killed-off!

Comment

A few more I've just remembered:
                            Star Fleet: Jap puppet series about a crime fighting team similar to Thunderbirds. Except some of them got killed-off!
                            I remember Star Fleet well, especially as it was a continuing story rather then stand alone episodes.

Comment

star fleet was my fav I not seen this at all I have it on dvd might have dig it out great stuff

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                              I remember Star Fleet well, especially as it was a continuing story rather then stand alone episodes.
                              THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
                                star fleet was my fav I not seen this at all I have it on dvd might have dig it out great stuff
                                I'll have to get it on DVD one day, The Battle Of The Planets is another I'd like to but it's a lot of money as there were 80 odd episodes.

Comment

Working...
                                X