TV Shows Only You Seem To Remember

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV Shows Only You Seem To Remember

NOT SURE IF THIS ONE HAS BEEN MENTIONED LIZZIE DRIPPING 9 EPISODES BETWEEN 73 AND 75

https://youtu.be/0WnjV71flgQ
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by n3llyo View Post
      anyone recall a show called seaview with yvette fielding before she was on blue peter about a family running a hotel in blackpool
      And wasn't Maggie Ollerenshaw in it too?

Talking of Blue Peter presenters, there was a series called "A Swish of the Curtain", with Sarah Greene, before she was on Blue Peter.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
        HERES ANOTHER ONE.
        SLEDGEHAMMER FROM AROUND 1986.
        SO FUNNY.
        "Trust me, I know what I'm doing."

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
          NOT SURE IF THIS ONE HAS BEEN MENTIONED LIZZIE DRIPPING 9 EPISODES BETWEEN 73 AND 75
          I've heard of it, but never seen it. Wasn't Tina Heath (another Blue Peter presenter) in it?

Comment

Ok, who remembers these American sitcoms?:

It's Your Move
            We Got It Made
            Emergency Room
            Throb
            Alice
            Rhoda

Comment

I REMEMBER ER AND ITS YOUR MOVE.

ITS YOUR MOVE WITH JASON BATEMAN AND DAVID GARRISON MARRIED WITH CHILDREN.
              A LOT OF TIMES I DONT KNOW THE SHOW BUT WHEN I LOOK IT UP ON YOUTUBE I REMEMBER IT.

HERE IS ANOTHER I REMEMBER WELL.
              BOSTON COMMON FROM 96/97.

https://youtu.be/svtLZ7m61i4

Originally posted by Clare View Post

It's Your Move
              We Got It Made
              Emergency Room
              Throb
              Alice
              Rhoda
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Starstrider which was a Children's ITV programme that ran for two series from 1984 to 1985. Roger Sloman was the presenter in the first series.

There was some sort of horse / bronco thing involved that went round and round, and I think there was some sort of schools quiz as well - schools were brought to the studio by coachload methinks.

An episode from the first series actually went out on my sixth birthday - we had just come home from my very first visit to McDonald's to find it on the television.
                I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

It's Your Move
                  We Got It Made
                  Emergency Room
                  Throb
                  Alice
                  Rhoda

I remember Rhoda. Valerie Harper played Rhoda and I think it was a spin-off from The Mary tyler Moore Show. BBC2 showed it in the UK.

Comment

We Got It Made
                    Throb
                    Alice
                    we got it made was basically a man about the house rip-off shown on BBC1 around 1983, except with two guys and a "ditzy" blonde.

Throb starred Diana Canova from Soap as a record label owner

Alice was based on the scorcese movie alice doesn't live here anymore, and was actually quite funny. it was shown on channel four circa 1984.

Comment

Love, American Style
                      This was an anthology comedy series from 1969 to 1974, and got its title from a popular film of the time Divorce, Italian Style. Each episode would contain several unrelated storiee, each having a title beginning 'Love and....'. The extremely popular series Happy Days got its start on Love, American Style when its unsold pilot was shown as one of the stories.

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
                        Love, American Style
                        This was an anthology comedy series from 1969 to 1974, and got its title from a popular film of the time Divorce, Italian Style. Each episode would contain several unrelated storiee, each having a title beginning 'Love and....'. The extremely popular series Happy Days got its start on Love, American Style when its unsold pilot was shown as one of the stories.
                        I actually have a downloads of an album of music from this show
                        Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Anyone remember Gloria, which was normally shown in what was to become the Neighbours slot? At the time I had no idea it was a spin off from All In The Family.
                          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I thought that Gloria was something to do with Gloria Hunniford - you can tell that I don't remember it.
                            I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                            I'm having so much fun
                            My lucky number's one
                            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by agfagaevart View Post
                              we got it made was basically a man about the house rip-off shown on BBC1 around 1983, except with two guys and a "ditzy" blonde.

Throb starred Diana Canova from Soap as a record label owner

Alice was based on the scorcese movie alice doesn't live here anymore, and was actually quite funny. it was shown on channel four circa 1984.
                              Yes, if I remember rightly, it was on after "Countdown".

"Throb" also had Jane Leeves (later of "Frasier" fame).

Comment

1970 ish a low budget LWT production, probably their first, only ran for 1 series and shunted to a late night slot by some regions before its run ended, " THE ADVENTURES OF DON QUICK" starring Ian Hendry and Ronald Lacy, one episode i remember was a take on Don Quioxte tilting his lance while on his horse at a windmill fearing it was an enemy, this time our space travelling duo land on a planet where the inhabitants are scared of some windmills and want Quick to destroy them before leaving their planet, Don Quick tells them they are harmless, they wont hurt them , they are only windmills and nothing to fear,as the space ship is taking off ,the last scene has the terrified inhabitants screaming as the "windmills" advance towards them.

Comment

Working...
                                X