Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

late 60's or early 70's childrens programme ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• late 60's or early 70's childrens programme ?

Hi everyone
    This is my first post so here goes :-
    Does anyone remember a late 60's or early 70's childrens uk tv programme where the child did a exchange to another country.
    The theme tune to the programme was " Tom Hark" by ELias and his zig zag jive flutes later covered by The Piranhas, but what was the childrens tv programme .
    it's been bugging me all day so can you put me out of my misery.
    Best wishes to you all.

the_blue_newt
    F.A Health Warning
    Supporting Manchester City can seriously damage your health
    ''City Till I Die!''

Belated welcome Blue Newt - mind you, Bell, Lee, Summerbee etc. won't be too happy to see your Scouse avatar !
    Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Re: late 60's or early 70's childrens programme ?

Originally posted by the_blue_newt View Post
      Hi everyone
      This is my first post so here goes :-
      Does anyone remember a late 60's or early 70's childrens uk tv programme where the child did a exchange to another country.
      The theme tune to the programme was " Tom Hark" by ELias and his zig zag jive flutes later covered by The Piranhas, but what was the childrens tv programme .
      it's been bugging me all day so can you put me out of my misery.
      Best wishes to you all.

the_blue_newt
      I do but...I dont think the title song was Tom Hark..the lyrics were.."If you were me..and I was you...do the things Id do...see the things Id see..If you were me and I was you...

I too am trying to remember what the programme was..

Comment

I don't know about the Tom Hark programme, but the other one was called "If you were me" I think. I'm sure Lionel Morton (Four Pennies/Playschool) sang on it.

Comment

Yes - I remember it too. I think it was simply called "You and Me". I was trying to explain it to my son who is doing a Masters in Internaitonal Relations - explaining that we had all that "sorted" on kids TV years ago!!

Comment

"You and me, me and you, lots and lots for us to do, lots and lots for us to see, me and you, you and me"

I reckon it's a different show? For some reason, the lovely Toni Arthur from Playschool rings a bell. Was there an owl as well?

Comment

OWL??!!
              A mechanical/metallic owl??!!

Comment

I was thinking about this programme - I cant remember the year - and if I did I could look it up on the Radio Times back-numbers at westminster ref library.

Anyhow - yes, it was called You and Me .. and the song went on: '... you come to my house, I'll come to your house, you sleep in my bed, I'll sleep in your bed ...'

The only one I can remember was a swap with a lad who lived at Clifton, bristol, and played with a local band - which seeemd pretty cool to me!

The previous post talks about a metallic owl, which might be The Clangers, or a later programme Greenclaws (1989) which had a metal Owl that asked riddles

Comment

The series "The Killing Stones" had Tom Hark as theme tune. Bit earlier than 60s/70s though.

Comment

If You Were Me.

I think I have the details right that this was two series of 6 half hour children's ITV programmes transmitted in 1969 & 1970 once a week at 17:00 on a tuesday. It created and followed student exchanges - an early teen from the UK with a corresponding teen from one of the continental nations. One half of the programme filmed here in the UK, the other half 'over there'. The signature tune was VERY basic with lyrics which went (if my memory serves)

'If You Were Me, See The Things I See
                    If You Were Me, Where Would You Be?
                    If I Were You, What Would I Do?
                    If I Were You, I Think That I Could Do That Too'

I used to rush home to watch it; great fun.

Comment

Re: If You Were Me.

Just listened to Tom Hark/Elias/The Piranhas (after all these years). Definitely NOT the theme tune to 'If You Were Me' - the subject of this thread.

Originally posted by hughesphilip View Post
                      I think I have the details right that this was two series of 6 half hour children's ITV programmes transmitted in 1969 & 1970 once a week at 17:00 on a tuesday. It created and followed student exchanges - an early teen from the UK with a corresponding teen from one of the continental nations. One half of the programme filmed here in the UK, the other half 'over there'. The signature tune was VERY basic with lyrics which went (if my memory serves)

'If You Were Me, See The Things I See
                      If You Were Me, Where Would You Be?
                      If I Were You, What Would I Do?
                      If I Were You, I Think That I Could Do That Too'

I used to rush home to watch it; great fun.

Comment

Re: If You Were Me.

Hello from Turkey.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duPOvbArvPU&t=270s
                        Here's the programme and music After 8 years..

Comment

Just re visited this site after 16 years and just want to thank ekanik for the reply
                          F.A Health Warning
                          Supporting Manchester City can seriously damage your health
                          ''City Till I Die!''

Comment

Working...
                          X