Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Glue

Originally posted by Alec View Post
    I absolutely remember this paste in a pale blue tub with the spatula and the smell from working on crafts at my Grandmother's house early in the 1970s in Manchester. Every so often I smell something similar and it transports me back. I never knew the smell was almonds. I don't remember the name Affixofix and I can't find a single reference to that name on the internet at all, which is very unusually, how confident are you that this is the correct name? I would love to find something that smelled close to the same as the glue paste in the blue tub just for the memories it would invoke!
    Yeah I remember that almond smelling glue and like the others here I can't remember what it was called either. It was white and came in a tub with a small plastic applicator, that bent as you scooped the glue out.

Weirdly I did a review of some pipe tobacco a few days ago and likened the smell of that blend to that paste we used back in the mid 60's.

If I remember rightly that glue was useless and didn't stick anything !

Comment

Originally posted by Pussywillow View Post
      Yeah I remember that almond smelling glue and like the others here I can't remember what it was called either. It was white and came in a tub with a small plastic applicator, that bent as you scooped the glue out.
      Weirdly I did a review of some pipe tobacco a few days ago and likened the smell of that blend to that paste we used back in the mid 60's.
      If I remember rightly that glue was useless and didn't stick anything !
      After seeing this thread I found some similar comments from mainland Europe about a white paste craft glue that smells of almond called COCCOINA 603 that was sold in a small metal tin with a brush. It's still sold in a few places. Amazon has it but only in a pack of ten. Curiosity got the better of me and I ordered a single tine from etsy (I live in the US now) for $10.

The smell is almost identical to the blue tub/white lid paste I remember from my childhood. I think if I had first smelled it blindfolded without knowing that it was not the blue tub, I would have said it was exactly the smell but I am guessing it is not quite the same. It is close enough that I can close my eyes, take a whiff and be transported back to 1960's Manchester.

Comment

Saw the thread name “glue” and the words Marvin Medium came in my head , my teacher name for the school glue

Comment

Working...
        X