Last day at school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Last day at school

I just spent the last day getting others to sign my rough-book and my school shirt. It all felt very strange. There were no parties or proper good-byes from any of the teachers and there was no assembly that day for us leavers. No-one got the eggs and flour treatment and there was no rowdiness at all. I went back to do my GCSE exams and after the final exam I put on a little show for the school- I rode my moped into the science block, down the corridor to the dining hall, around the dining hall, through the double doors into the maths and languages block, down the corridor and into the gym where the 2nd year forms were having a basketball game. After a few laps with the boys cheering and the teachers that had chased me yelling, I rode out through the fire doors into the playground and across the sports field to freedom! The headmaster wrote to my parents a week later but my dad laughed his head off.

Comment

I know someone who did that too Powdered Toast Man, Friend of a Friend did it on his Yamaha Fizzy. Drove through the art block and then onto to the school field during a football game, the year 9's found it very amusing, especially when one of the PE teachers dived out of the way into a muddy puddle, wearing a white track suit.
      If it's lasted this long, it's worth keeping!

Comment

wow what a way to go.haha.

on my last day of primary school i said goodby to lots of teachers.
        from what i remember it was sad but sprcial day.
        teachers wishing me good luck.

nver happened at any of my other schools..

Originally posted by Powdered toast man View Post
        I just spent the last day getting others to sign my rough-book and my school shirt. It all felt very strange. There were no parties or proper good-byes from any of the teachers and there was no assembly that day for us leavers. No-one got the eggs and flour treatment and there was no rowdiness at all. I went back to do my GCSE exams and after the final exam I put on a little show for the school- I rode my moped into the science block, down the corridor to the dining hall, around the dining hall, through the double doors into the maths and languages block, down the corridor and into the gym where the 2nd year forms were having a basketball game. After a few laps with the boys cheering and the teachers that had chased me yelling, I rode out through the fire doors into the playground and across the sports field to freedom! The headmaster wrote to my parents a week later but my dad laughed his head off.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Last day ? Finished my exams but had to wait till my 16th birthday, went in about 11ish, handed over my locker key to my house mistress, signed a form and left. Started growing up that minute, within 4 months I'd grown from 5ft 4" to 5ft 9" (I'd finish just under 6ft), the confidence poured out, I'd be the first one out on the town clubbing etc, I'd rattle my way through most of the girls who wouldn't look twice at school and face down lads who 6month before had been one up on me. Great few years, if only for the shock value.

Comment

I felt that my last day at school was a very long-time-coming tbh........I didn't like school for various reasons and could always think of somewhere else I'd rather be........anyway, on the last day after signing everyone's shirt at school I then went home and binned my uniform

Comment

I can't remember doing anything much on the last day of primary school or high school. I suppose at primary school you don't really think about not ever going back as you take life one day at a time at that age. But we had nothing at high school. We just frittered away in dribs and drabs during the final exams. The friends I had I saw out of school anyway so I wasn't saying goodbye to them. The rest I wasn't bothered about saying goodbye to!
              1976 Vintage

Comment

I can not recall anything about Primary School (thinking about oit on reflection upon reading Trickyvees post). It might of been a Film, is all we did - I knownear the end of term we had a few thing's planned - like helping at out with the Community, doing a Harvest which the Teachers promised we'd all be able to help with that final School Year - though it never happened as such!

Even if we'd desired a Shirt Signing Day (which was just not "in" at the time at Primary School sadly) we would never of had one as we did'nt wear Uniform at that School. We did nothing really - not even a Leavers Book with thing's like at Secondary School, though without mentioning the Teachers name (par saying she was Mrs "B" we knew by then we that the final year that Mrs "B" was the best best Teacher out of all the differing Class Teachers as it was known then, and having Mrs "B" really helped for having no proper goodbye's/party's etc.

80sChav

Comment

yeah last day of my achool life was great.
                  did not like school from seconday school onwards either.

lastsday of school hardly anyone turned up.
                  think there was just me and one other fella.

we left at dinner time i think.

Originally posted by shilton dipper View Post
                  I felt that my last day at school was a very long-time-coming tbh........I didn't like school for various reasons and could always think of somewhere else I'd rather be........anyway, on the last day after signing everyone's shirt at school I then went home and binned my uniform

Comment

Strangely, my recollection of the last day of high school when I graduated was cleaning out my locker and then finding a copy of Orwell's Animal Farm in the trash can when I was throwing away some papers. Even funnier is that I still have that book.

Comment

My final day in primary school I remember practising singing for my teacher's wedding which was during the summer following. The song I remember singing was the New Seekers' 'Another You'. I went to my Granny's on holidays and didn't bother my a*se going to her wedding 'cos she was a witch.

My last day in secondary school I would've been sitting one of my Leaving Cert (A level?) exams, most likely my art 'imaginative compositon exam 'cos art was always the last one. I designed a clothes shop window display(which should've went well 'cos I can draw people really well) with pastels and had to put it in an A4 brown envelope with my exam no on it. I'd say it was totally destroyed when it got to the person marking it..I got a B. When I should've got an A. We had a **** teacher. We didn't study art history at all and I had to sit a whole exam paper on it on stuff I had no clue about.

Mad the way I can remember just as much about primary school as I do about secondary.

Comment

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
                        Strangely, my recollection of the last day of high school when I graduated was cleaning out my locker and then finding a copy of Orwell's Animal Farm in the trash can when I was throwing away some papers. Even funnier is that I still have that book.
                        I studied that book for my Leaving exam, I was so sorry for Boxer the poor horse.

Comment

Originally posted by ann22 View Post
                          My final day in primary school I remember practising singing for my teacher's wedding which was during the summer following. The song I remember singing was the New Seekers' 'Another You'. I went to my Granny's on holidays and didn't bother my a*se going to her wedding 'cos she was a witch.

My last day in secondary school I would've been sitting one of my Leaving Cert (A level?) exams, most likely my art 'imaginative compositon exam 'cos art was always the last one. I designed a clothes shop window display(which should've went well 'cos I can draw people really well) with pastels and had to put it in an A4 brown envelope with my exam no on it. I'd say it was totally destroyed when it got to the person marking it..I got a B. When I should've got an A. We had a **** teacher. We didn't study art history at all and I had to sit a whole exam paper on it on stuff I had no clue about.

Mad the way I can remember just as much about primary school as I do about secondary.
                          The final exam in our art class was on artist Andrew Wyeth. We had to know the names of his paintings.

Comment

June 1974.

One of the best days of my life. I walked out of the Grammar School gate the same way I walked in, on my own.

After the last GCE exam, I hurled my school briefcase into the litter bin as I passed by the hated Gym, walked out opposite the school, lit a cigarette and waited for the next bus.

It was a few days before my 16th birthday.

Comment

Am i right in saying school was a nghtmare for you mate.

i cant remember my leaving date but i remember only 2 of us showed up and we left at dinner time.

what relief it was all over

Originally posted by Pussywillow View Post
                              June 1974.

One of the best days of my life. I walked out of the Grammar School gate the same way I walked in, on my own.

After the last GCE exam, I hurled my school briefcase into the litter bin as I passed by the hated Gym, walked out opposite the school, lit a cigarette and waited for the next bus.

It was a few days before my 16th birthday.

Comment

Last day of primary was June 1996, we were due to finish on a Friday but I left before that as we were going on holiday, so was pretty normal. On the actual last day I was in a car on the motorway lol.

Last day of secondary was June 2001, had finished my 5th year exams, and our school always went into the year above before summer hols, so I went into 6th year after exams. Then done my usual and didn't go in last couple of days before hols, so another boring leaving.

However I didn't know it was my last day at secondary.

Comment

Working...
                                X