Last day at school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last day at school

Who can remember their final day at school?
    I can't remember much of my last day but part of it was spent picking litter up, then going into a class and just spending the day not doing much.
    WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Re: Last day at school

I did one year in the sixth form and, as I recall, was sitting and resitting exams in May and June, and not at school every day. So I can't actually recall a specific day when I looked back at the place and thought, 'that's it'.

Comment

At primary school we had a disco on the afternoon of the last day.

For some reason at my secondary school there was a tradition of having a "foam fight" on the school field, were people sprayed each other with shaving foam. I didn't really both with that.

As my last ever lesson as Home Econimics we were allowed to bring in food for a party. My school also had a prom as the Manchester Airport Hilton.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

My last day at school was doing a GCSE exam. Ours was the first year of GCSEs. I remember that one of the first questions on the Geography exam paper that year (1988) gave a grid reference that wasn't on the map on the paper.

My final exam wasn't Geography, I can't recall exactly what it was now, but I remember leaving the school thinking 'Well, that's it!' no more school. It was 13th June.
        "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Last day at school was spent signing shirts,A few photos got taken by fellow pupils.i remember some folk got pelted by eggs and flower.I am sure some girl walked down the street minus her skirt?
          sigpic

Comment

Last day for me was 26th May 1989 (apart from going back to do the A Level exams).

Morning was spent hanging around the school and then a leavers assembly before being released at lunchtime. Then it was a couple of halfs in the pub before the leavers ball on the night and getting drunk whilst also trying to find out what was happening in the Liverpool v Arsenal title decider.

Hard to believe it was 21 years ago.
            The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

My last day at school was pretty uneventful. I basically went in, done my last exam in the morning, picked up my woodwork piece and that was it. No goodbye's from the teachers, no goodbye's from the others in my year. I'm having a school reunion next year, so perhaps I'll be able to say goodbye then, (well 24 years later)
              Oh to be a kid again with a can of Top Deck on a hot summer day, now that would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Grunwald View Post
                Last day for me was 26th May 1989 (apart from going back to do the A Level exams).

Morning was spent hanging around the school and then a leavers assembly before being released at lunchtime. Then it was a couple of halfs in the pub before the leavers ball on the night and getting drunk whilst also trying to find out what was happening in the Liverpool v Arsenal title decider.

I was watching Fever Pitch a couple of weeks ago that dipicted almost the same things going on that day.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

We signed each others shirts and year books and took a few photo's

walked past several ties tied to trees and railings on the way home, a few rebels even burned theirs.
                  Heather

Comment

35 years ago I walked around our junior school playground with Mark Farrell saying goodbye to all the benches, then 5 years later in 1980 I went in first thing, got my leaving certificate signed and was out by about 10.00. No real goodbyes or anything. Anyway I expected to be back at the 6th form after the summer holidays but a few weeks later I got a last minute place at our local college so I never did go back. It was all rather uneventful in the end for such a chunk of my childhood

Comment

We signed each others shirts and I got all my teachers to sign an autograph book.
                      Most of the time I remember just looking around at the school thinking I would never be there again and not quite believing it.
                      sigpic
                      'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

My last day of high school consisted of board games, chatting, getting everyone to sign your leavers book and of course your shirt!! lol I do still have mine somewhere, this graffitti covered white shirt, so funny!

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Grunwald View Post

hard to believe how quick th yrs pass eh grunwald.

my last day was i think 20th may 1991 hardly anyone showed up that was in my class,out of 20 odd of us.
                          can remember it clearly now as if it was yesterday.
                          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Same here ... we had a shirt signing day ...... which of course upsett the Year 7s, (deliberatly as par the course Lol). As they were jelous we had a free reign of the School and doing what we wanted! Par that nothing really!!

Comment

I remember very clearly what happened on my last day of 6th form... I had my last exam which was Physics. I had to take my textbooks back to my physics teachers who were doing a revision class for the year 12s (Mr. Robinson, Mr. Shearer, If you are reading this, you we're great teachers and throughly enjoyed every minute of your insane classes that resembled Physics in some sort of way! ). So me and about half a dozen of my mates piled into this already heaving classroom to hand back the textbooks when one of my friends, Michael, Jumped on a table, shouted "It's party time!", ripped off his trousers (Which had velcro stitched down the sides, always one to plan ahead) which revealed that all he was wearing was a banana thong, jumped out the window and was chased for half an hour by the headmaster and 6th form director. We were in hysterics and my two physics teachers could only stare on shock/amazement that he actually did it!

Had a lot of fun times in physics, melted a cast iron clamp stand accidentally, set fire to a pile of tests when doing an assesment on lenses, worked out how much Uranium we'd need to leave the school at the bottom of a crater, set off the fire alarms countless times. Physics was where all the fun happened.
                              If it's lasted this long, it's worth keeping!

Comment

Working...
                              X