A Sharp intake of breath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Sharp intake of breath

This was a TV program that ran for 4 series in 1977 - 1981. It was British and starred David Jason, Richard Wilson, Alun Armstrong, and Jacqueline Clarke. Jason played an everyman character called Peter Barnes; Wilson and Armstrong played a range of petty officials and bureaucrats whose actions frustrated Barnes' attempts to deal with the necessities of everyday life.

More...

Re: A Sharp intake of breath

I loved this programme, and it is a scandal that D Jason has prohibited its repeat or release on dvd. I can remember him going to collect a parcel from a sorting office and the man behind the counter saying he was not on the list and he can see his name on the clipboard
    "there is my name, Barnes", "no that says Baines", "no it says Barnes" , "are you calling me a liar?"
    A sort of predecessor of the style of observational comedy that is the norm these days. David Jason needs to take a sharp intake of breath and let other generations see this wonderful gentle comedy, it is much better than the last desperate couple of seasons of Only Fools in my opinion

Comment

Re: A Sharp intake of breath

Totally agree!
      I remember this being on a Friday between the Kenny Everett Video Show
      & The Pink Medicine Show.
      It was briefly available or slated to be, but got pulled from release.
      Deffo needs another showing

Comment

Working...
      X