Re: Anyone remember Scream comic ?

Originally posted by rossobantam View Post
    one of these, NF?
    scream_comic_specials

Yes, it's the second from last.
    My Youtube retro & new video game reviews, glitches, and more,

Comment

I started reading Spinchillers in bed last night, I'm really enjoying it.
      My Youtube retro & new video game reviews, glitches, and more,

Comment

Max from the Scream story The Thirteenth Floor now lives on through this page on facebook -

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Max-Th...89235524419984

Feel free to join guys!

Comment

I remember it too, definitely the Thirteenth Floor. I was just thinking about it the other day. The copies on the earlier link are dated 1984 which means I was still enthusiastic about comics at age 15 which is quite scary in itself . No wonder I couldn't get a girlfriend .

Comment

Originally posted by poster342002 View Post
            Scream was a fantastic comic! I really enjoyed it and was dismayed when it just suddenly... stopped. Does anyone know why this happened? I'm pretty sure a number it's on-going storylines weren't ever wrapped up - the comic just suddenly stopped being made mid way through.
            Low sales, the same reason most comics of the time were cancelled. There are all sorts of theories about it being too gruesome or IPC being wary of upsetting parents, but basically they seem to have had a policy of cancelling any comic that didn't meet a specific sales content in a certain number of issues. Shortsighted really, as some titles take awhile to find an audience-2000AD didn't really make an impact until after its merger with Star-Lord, for instance.

Comment

Working...
            X