would you miss it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: would you miss it

Nope. Not in the slightest. Even tho there was a slight bit of cache and excitement from rifling through the CD racks from A to Z to see if any of the titles you wanted were available at a good price, it still was a waste of time.

I'll take instantaneous purchase and delivery right to my door any day over standing around in a shop waiting for the guy taking too long at "Q" to get out of the way.

Comment

I'm not sure. Shopping used to be a good day out for me and I liked to browse the shops but now I hate it. The city centre seems too busy now and I just can't be bothered with the hassle of going there. My Internet purchases go up each year as it is so easy and convenient if you know what you want, but I prefer to try on clothes as I can't be bothered with sending stuff back. My group of friends who are around the same age feel the same way. We wouldn't miss the city centre, would miss our out of town shopping centre (much closer, has most clothes and stuff that we want, free to park) but wouldn't be without amazon either!
      1976 Vintage

Comment

Yes.

The high street is part of our culture, not just a collection of shops. It is culturally and socially part of us. It isnt even the shops, it is the town centre itself, its shape, its amenities, the architecture of the buildings, how they are used, how they have changed and will change.

So much more than just shopping.

Comment

Have to admit to buying a lot on line,but that is simply because I can't find it in town anymore.Too many estate agents,coffee shops and charity shops now,and too many shops selling the same thing over and over.There used to be so much more variety in town.Only chart albums are sold in this town now,the same goes to films so I have to buy online to get what I need.It's also much cheaper online which is another reason I buy more and more there.Plus the deals you only get online that shops cannot compete with.
          I still like to look around the shops but the feeling of the whole shopping experiance has changed,so it tends to be a rushed affair these days a quick in and out.

Comment

a great post mate and i agree with everything u say.
            with internet only shopping you do not get this experience you describe.

i for one hope it never becomes internet only shopping.

Originally posted by ayrshireman View Post
            Yes.

The high street is part of our culture, not just a collection of shops. It is culturally and socially part of us. It isnt even the shops, it is the town centre itself, its shape, its amenities, the architecture of the buildings, how they are used, how they have changed and will change.

So much more than just shopping.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Without a shadow of any sort of doubt I would - without question yes!

Comment

Definitely

I check out shops & their offers online and go to the shop to buy it
                sigpic
                Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Yes I would miss it. Opposite to those who go to the shops to browse & then buy on-line I am the opposite I browse on-line and then buy from the shop in person
                  sigpic
                  Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
                    Yes I would miss it. Opposite to those who go to the shops to browse & then buy on-line I am the opposite I browse on-line and then buy from the shop in person
                    I do this both ways, finding what the best deal is before buying.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I am already missing it, esp. record shops!
                      Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                        I am already missing it, esp. record shops!
                        We have a record shop recently opened here in Christchurch called the Vault where they buy & sell records, tapes & CD's
                        sigpic

Comment

There was a good one in ChCh, NZ when I was there in '94...
                          Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Working...
                          X