would you miss it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would you miss it

if internet shopping kill's the high street would you miss it?
    kernow bys vyken

Yep - you can't beat getting out of the house, browsing & taking in a cuppa along the way. You're also inclined to pick up knick-knacks that you wouldn't buy online.
    Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

You've been reading too many of those AOL posters Daubers - i saw that this morning but yes i'm with Aidan!
      No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

got one right out side work see it everyday just wondering what everyone thinks
        kernow bys vyken

Comment

I think id miss it...i like having a browse around the shops now n then
          Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

Comment

I am not a huge shopping fan....... I even send Oggy on the Asda run every month...... but I do like to go mooching occaisionally and I havent found a Starbucks that delivers online yet!
            sigpic
            Mrs Oggy
            ~~~*~~~*~~~
            Count your friends amongst the stars....
            And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

Ooohh nooo Momma, mustn't go to Starbucks
              http://act.oxfamamerica.org/campaign/starbucks_mtf

Comment

Originally posted by MommaMystique
                I am not a huge shopping fan....... I even send Oggy on the Asda run every month...... but I do like to go mooching occaisionally and I havent found a Starbucks that delivers online yet!
                I love to shop food shoopping is, and can be fun, its the trolly sliding I find most rewarding, and so does my 2 year old if I've taken her with me. And love shopping in general, money burns a holde in my pocket. For some unknown perverse reasoning I also enjoy the xmas shopping rush, in over packed Town.

Comment

yes i would miss it , i feel that this world is already far too isolated and anti social as it is , yes ok we like the ease of internet shopping , the not having to find a car parking space or wait for the bus , but we should get out and mingle with other like minded people , i believe that if we keep going the way we are then we will live in near complete isolation and will loose the social bonds forever .

Comment

Re: would you miss it

id deffo miss shopping in the hight street if internet shopping kills it.

nothing beats going into the shops seeing and touching stuff.
                    internet shoping is to lazy anway.
                    unless you really are pushed for time.

well there seems to be as many people shopping in my town as there ever was.

also shops have the nack of drawing you in to gt something.

anyone i know only shops properly no interet shopping.
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

yes...........big time!........i like to see what i'm buying before i hand my money over........if it's clothing i like to try on first .........tbh i like walking around the shops seeing what's on the shelves/rails...........i guess it's a girlie thing

Comment

Internet shopping does have its plusses, but generally I only shop online when I know that I can't find what I'm looking for locally and usually AFTER I've searched all local sources.

Comment

hey shilts not completely a girlie thing.

nothing like actually holding seeing the items for real.
                          that way you can check it out better as opposed to just seeing pics of it on a website.

but yes online shopping is an advantage if yu cant find what you want in your town etc.

its good to have both ways.
                          not everyone has the net.

Originally posted by shilton dipper View Post
                          yes...........big time!........i like to see what i'm buying before i hand my money over........if it's clothing i like to try on first .........tbh i like walking around the shops seeing what's on the shelves/rails...........i guess it's a girlie thing
                          Last edited by darren; 04-10-2012, 00:03.
                          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

For some stuff the highstreet will never die. There are some things you need to be tactile with before laying your money down. However, there are a lot of shops that are hedging their bets as far as internet shopping goes. GAME came very close to being tipped off the highstreet for good at the start of the year, yet they are still running the same business as ever that got them into the mess they were back then. They need to evolve or get lost.

Comment

miss wha???????????????? lol
                              THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Working...
                              X