Educational kids show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Educational kids show

Hi, there was some kind of educational programme, we possibly watched it in school, early 80's. It may have been presented by bob monkhouse, but I cant be sure. There was an animated character on the screen, a kind of blob, it was a weird character, it used to talk to the presenter. Anyone know the programme? Got a pic of the character?

Well I found out it was called "Words and Pictures", and the animated character was called Charlie, but I havent been able to find a pic. The theme tune is on here;

http://tv.cream.org/specialassignments/themes/5.htm

Comment

Think Words and Pictures was presented by Terry Griffiths , he of Play school fame , think thats his first name anyway.The orange object was shaped like a bit of jigsaw if i remember correctly.

Comment

I think you mean Derek Griffiths, but I don't remember him ever presenting it.

I seem to remember Bosley from the original version of Charlie's Angels presenting it but that doesn't sound very likely, does it?

He did look kind of similar to Bob Monkhouse though.

Comment

You don't think Charlie from "Words and Pictures" and Charlie from "Charlie's Angels", were one and the same, do you?

That would explain why you never saw his face in Charlie's Angels...

Comment

Working...
          X