Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

70's/80's film shown at school - really not much to go on!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70's/80's film shown at school - really not much to go on!

I've just thought about a film we watched at primary school once that scared the living daylights out of me. We hardly ever watched films so it must have been at Christmas or something and I can assume that it must have been a children's film.

Anyway I only remember one scene - the terrifying one - with people running across a field from what I think was a dragon. The people were real and the dragon was 'real' too - what I mean was that it wasn't superimposed or anything. It was a big ugly thing with people inside moving it, but probably quite badly made. My instinct tells me it was probably a 70s film. Probably a made for TV thing.

Sorry there's nothing more to go on.
    1976 Vintage

Re: 70's/80's film shown at school - really not much to go on!

Pete's Dragon? made in 1977

Comment

Nope, not good old Pete's dragon.
      1976 Vintage

Comment

Godzilla?

Comment

Not this look and read story? around about the late 80s to 90s though.

Comment

Someone mentioned 'Through the dragon's Eye' on another thread and it got me thinking about this old post of mine. I see someone has also suggested it here and it fits the description but was made too late to be the programme I was looking for.

However Ive done a bit of searching and came across 'The Flying Sorcerer', a 1973 Children's Film Foundation film which mentions a dragon called Dormantus going on the rampage. Only thing I can find is this pic and there is a YouTube clip that shows it was a colour film (as I remember) but no footage of the dragon! Can anybody remember seeing this? Did it chase kids across a field at some point? I'm pretty sure this might have been it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	260497
            Last edited by Trickyvee; 06-01-2014, 21:14.
            1976 Vintage

Comment

the dragon in Through the Dragon's Eye, was a good guy, and at no point did he chase people across a field lol so can't be that.

Comment

Working...
              X