Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid things you were scared of when you were little.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stupid things you were scared of when you were little.

I was scared of the sound of the toilet flushing.
    I perfected the manouvre where I would flush it at arms length, pull the light switch cord with the other hand and then leg it downtairs clearing 2 steps at a time. My mom and dad would give me a strange look as I burst in through the living room door at top speed and I would have to try and look calm and unruffled.
    I'm not sure what I thought was chasing me.

I was scared of Lena Zavaroni as well for some reason.

Comment

does anyone remember the series V.
      the original with robert englund.

there is a bit where a girl gives birth to one of the aliens and it freaked me out.
      still does.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Those cement mixer wagons too, the ones that had the huge mixer on the back.....

Comment

I was terrified of a celery jar that my Mum had. It was made to look like the head of a celery-man complete with green-striped face. I used to have nightmares about it, it was so hideous. I was very happy when it got smashed!

And I've just found a pic of it! http://www.iconicgrassmarket.co.uk/s...res/CELERY.jpg

I'm sure it was more evil-looking than that!
          Last edited by Chameleon Factor; 21-07-2010, 12:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon Factor View Post
            I was terrified of a celery jar that my Mum had. It was made to look like the head of a celery-man complete with green-striped face. I used to have nightmares about it, it was so hideous. I was very happy when it got smashed!

And I've just found a pic of it! http://www.iconicgrassmarket.co.uk/s...res/CELERY.jpg

I burst out laughing when I read this, but then looked at your link! It's horrible!
            sigpic
            'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Originally posted by kazboot View Post
              I burst out laughing when I read this, but then looked at your link! It's horrible!
              LOL I think hes quite sweet, not sure what that says about my taste

The one thing that really freaked me out when I was young was going on the pier, those ones with wooden boards.
              I swear the gaps between each board were a foot wide, you could see the sea swirling and crashing about beneath your feet.
              I was convinced I would either fall through or they give away on me :cry:
              Heather

Comment

I quite like him too

Comment

I was scared of the big eggs in eggcups that would appear at the end of every episode of TV-AM. I thought they looked like giant killer space aliens or something.

And Test Card F used to freak me out as well. Though it now seems I wasn't alone in that fear...

Comment

The sick room at my primary school occasionally had a sign on the door saying "Do Not Enter Kiln in Operation" well at this time I was not renowned for my reading and spelling skills and would not go past the sick room in case it was my turn to be 'kild' by the school nurse. Put the fear of god in me until I found out in my last year what a kiln was. Huge sigh of relief to find out Mrs Roy was not a mass murderer.

Comment

LOL. My Mum has that celery man. They came in sets. You could get onion, beetroot etc and they are quite collectable I believe.

Comment

What was that twiggy man called in Rupert? Heggarty I think. He spooked me out too.

Comment

Originally posted by Seventies Child View Post
                          LOL. My Mum has that celery man. They came in sets. You could get onion, beetroot etc and they are quite collectable I believe.
                          Yeah, my parents have still got the onion one. I was never scared of that one. It's hideous but looks much friendlier than Celery Face.

Mind you Celery Face looks much friendlier in the photograph than he did in real life.

I was also scared of the Muppet Newsreader and Dr. Bunsen. In Bunsen's case it was because he had no eyes behind his glasses.

One day I found an old pair of my mum's glasses in the cupboard under the stairs. I found an orange drinking beaker, turned it upside down and put it on a chair, then put the glasses on it, as if they were eyes. Then ran away screaming.

I was scared of a patch of sunlight that appeared every morning on my parents' bedroom wall. I was convinced it was a ghost. Also a face I could make out in the pattern of spaceships on my spaceship wallpaper. It stared at me all night, every night. Come to think of it, my childhood was nothing but an neverending onslaught of terror.

Comment

Yeah, my parents have still got the onion one. I was never scared of that one. It's hideous but looks much friendlier than Celery Face.

Mind you Celery Face looks much friendlier in the photograph than he did in real life.

I was also scared of the Muppet Newsreader and Dr. Bunsen. In Bunsen's case it was because he had no eyes behind his glasses.

One day I found an old pair of my mum's glasses in the cupboard under the stairs. I found an orange drinking beaker, turned it upside down and put it on a chair, then put the glasses on it, as if they were eyes. Then ran away screaming.

I was scared of a patch of sunlight that appeared every morning on my parents' bedroom wall. I was convinced it was a ghost. Also a face I could make out in the pattern of spaceships on my spaceship wallpaper. It stared at me all night, every night. Come to think of it, my childhood was nothing but an neverending onslaught of terror.
                            Do you remember those glasses that some women used to wear and they turned up at the corner? They were like a toned down version of Dame Edna glasses. I thought they were spooky!!
                            I was scared of the lighning too and tries to cover up any metal buttons I was wearing in case they got struck. No wonder I'm potty. LOL.

Comment

lol it's pretty evil looking as it is. Looks like those eyes could look at you at any minute!
                              1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Seventies Child View Post
                                What was that twiggy man called in Rupert? Heggarty I think. He spooked me out too.
                                Have to agree with that one still scares me to this day can't think of the name. Also found Terry Gilliam's animations from Monty Python scary when I was really young. All those moving eyes and weird moving limbs and I found the colouring of them quite scary also.

Comment

Working...
                                X