Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid things you were scared of when you were little.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stupid things you were scared of when you were little.

Originally posted by Chameleon Factor View Post

I was also scared of the Muppet Newsreader and Dr. Bunsen. In Bunsen's case it was because he had no eyes behind his glasses.

I was scared of a patch of sunlight that appeared every morning on my parents' bedroom wall. I was convinced it was a ghost. Also a face I could make out in the pattern of spaceships on my spaceship wallpaper. It stared at me all night, every night. Come to think of it, my childhood was nothing but an neverending onslaught of terror.
    Waaaaaa! The muppet newsreader! I've mentioned him in another post. Glad I'm not the only one who was absolutely terrified of him.

And speaking of patches of light on the wall...protocol was for me to sleep on the sofa in the living room when I was ill.
    One such night I freaked out looking at a ghostly apparition on the wall created by the street light reflecting off the side of our silver telly!
    1976 Vintage

Comment

I was scared of a little ceramic dog I had on my bedroom windowsill, it had red eyes and I swear I saw it move one day! I used to run out of the house every morning so it wouldn't get me! Didn't occur to me to just take it out of my room...

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
        Waaaaaa! The muppet newsreader! I've mentioned him in another post. Glad I'm not the only one who was absolutely terrified of him.

And speaking of patches of light on the wall...protocol was for me to sleep on the sofa in the living room when I was ill.
        One such night I freaked out looking at a ghostly apparition on the wall created by the street light reflecting off the side of our silver telly!
        Click image for larger version

Name:	237096172_1f821c6b95.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	259734

Hideeoouuus! Chameleon Factor I am totally with you. I can see how an upturned orange beaker with glasses could instantly remind you of this horror. There's hints of the table lamp of my nightmares in him too (see first post in thread)
        1976 Vintage

Comment

I was scared of Policeman Badger!

Those malevolent black and white stripes up his nose!

Comment

I used to be scared of the CCTV cameras at the Boots in Stockport.

They were large rotating black semispheres with lots of lenses mounted on with chrome trim. Also fitted was a pair of red lights that flashed when it moved.

The overall effect was of a left-over prop that had escaped from the BBC special effects dept. This was even before I had seen any Doctor Who with the Daleks in.

A few years ago I caught an episode of Blake's 7 that featured just the same style of camera dome, though it was a location shot at a real shopping centre.

They were there well into the 1980s, but had gone the last time I was in there & remembered to look up at the ceiling.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I'd forgotten about those. I wasn't frightened of them, but they were a bit like Daleks.
              1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Seventies Child View Post
                What was that twiggy man called in Rupert? Heggarty I think. He spooked me out too.
                His name was Raggety and he used to scare my husband too!
                sigpic
                'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

The Anglia Television silver knight on the horse - when I was about three years old, I had nightmares of them coming up the stairs to kidnap me!

Comment

Another stupid little thing from me. The toaster because it popped up unexpectedly.

Comment

I was terrified of rats when I was about 7. My brother told me that they could climb up the drainpipe, that was right next to my bedroom window, creep in quietly and eat my face while I was asleep!
                      I would scream the house down if one appeared on the tv. I nearly died when my neighbour told my parents she'd seen a rat under her shed. Don't think I slept properly for weeks.

Comment

I love swimming and loved it when I was a kid but one thing that really scared me, was if there was some sort of black tile/mosaic on the swimming pool floor, I used to think it was going to come and get me if I swam over it, so I would have to swim around it really really quickly! lol

Name:	Glass-Mosaic-Swimming-Pool-Design-MU-PD121-.jpg
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	259739

Another thing that eventually bothered me because of my sister was 'My Pet Monster' I loved the programme so much my parents bought me the cuddly and he was huge, as I was only about 5 or 6, he slept in bed with me every night, right next to me, so i could cuddle him but then one day my sister (who is 11 years older then me) told me that he was going to come to life and get me while I slept, so that night he had to stay on a chair in my room, (I had one of those beds that had a desk under it, had to use ladders to get into it, so I thought that he couldn't get me from down there lol) I still loved him and played with him in the day, just at night I was a bit offish! lol I still have him now, though, he's sooo cute! lol

Name:	images.jpg
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	259740

Comment

Spinning tops! The sound freaked me out.

tulip

Comment

I remember hiding behind the settee when The Yeti were on Doctor Who...

Name:	Yeti_(Doctor_Who).jpg
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	259741

I was scared of the shadows cast on the curtains in my bedroom from a stone carving between the windows.

I was also scared of "faces" I could see in the curtains when I stayed at my Nan's house.

It sounds like I spent most of my childhood being scared! (I didn't!)
                            "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

I was also scared of the blind man who lived up our street. He was such a lovely old man, but he wore big white rimmed glasses that were completely blacked out and I thought he didn't have any eyes behind them. He had a white stick too which he used to tap against the wall with every step. I'd run inside if I saw him coming!

When I was a bit older and had lost this fear, me and my friend would stand in the gateway quietly so he'd tap us with the stick when he went past. Very cruel, something I'm not proud of now.
                              1976 Vintage

Comment

Helicopters scared me as a kid with the noise they made. Every time I herd one I had go and hide some ware.
                                I eventually got to go up in one for a little while and enjoyed every minute.
                                Now helicopters don’t bother me at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X