Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid things you were scared of when you were little.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stupid things you were scared of when you were little.

I was scared of Bill and Ben the Flowerpot men. Also scared of Ken Dodd's Diddymen. I think the flowerpot men because I couldn't understand them, their voices scared me. I'm not sure about the diddymen, maybe their size. I can't remember what their voices sounded like. Oh and Micheal Bentine's Potty Time. Something about that scared me too.

Comment

I was also scared of Tommy Cooper as a kid.

Comment

yes clowns scared me as a KId.
        they just looked so evil.
        the clown in stephen kings IT was very scary.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
          I was also scared of Tommy Cooper as a kid.
          Offscreen Tommy Cooper had something of a scary personality.

Comment

now thart u mention it i can see what you mean.
            and yes i can see how he would be scary to kids.

i thought worzel gummidge was scary particularly when he wore a certain head.

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
            Offscreen Tommy Cooper had something of a scary personality.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
              i thought worzel gummidge was scary particularly when he wore a certain head.
              I was absolutely terrified of him, especially the bit where he falls over,
              The heads thing freaked me out big time.
              Also, I used to make everybody in the car duck when we went under bridges ?!?
              Even stranger, I used to make everyone pick their feet up off the floor whenever the adverts came on the TV ?!?!?
              I was quite a peculier child, but I really have no idea what was going on there.

Comment

You'd be picking your feet up an awful lot now if you were to do that, TV is chock full of adverts. I remember when the ad breaks would come on and they'd show like 3 adverts before returning to the program. Now they show minutes upon minutes of them.

Comment

I was terrified of the cover to the LP "In The Court Of The Crimson King", by King Crimson, it's an extreme close up of a screaming face, all in pinks and purples, and you can see down the throat to the uvula. My parents had some hippy friends who had the album, and every time we went to their house I used to check where their records were so I could run off if they had any intention of getting that one out!

I actually have a copy of the album now, and I love the cover!

Also, in the '70s, in Chester Cathedral there was a lightbulb on a pink flesh coloured stalk on the wall in one dark corner. I hated this, I called it "the spooky light." My parents thought I was weird. There's a little round metal plate over where it used to be now, whenever I'm there I always seem to glance at it and remember.

Comment

That i can understand you being afraid of that hazel.

i was afraid of the music opening credits for box of delights as well as both for the tripods.

Originally posted by hazel View Post
                    I was terrified of the cover to the LP "In The Court Of The Crimson King", by King Crimson, it's an extreme close up of a screaming face, all in pinks and purples, and you can see down the throat to the uvula. My parents had some hippy friends who had the album, and every time we went to their house I used to check where their records were so I could run off if they had any intention of getting that one out!

I actually have a copy of the album now, and I love the cover!

Also, in the '70s, in Chester Cathedral there was a lightbulb on a pink flesh coloured stalk on the wall in one dark corner. I hated this, I called it "the spooky light." My parents thought I was weird. There's a little round metal plate over where it used to be now, whenever I'm there I always seem to glance at it and remember.

Comment

• Re: Stupid things you were scared of when you were little.

I love that album! ^_^

Thing that used to freak me out were koliedoscopes (I have prob spelled that wrong but I don't care). They still do. The one I was given when I was really little had these oddly shaped pieces of plastic in it that moved when you turned the end, and somehow they were magnified and everytime they moved, it felt to me like they were trying to escape down the barrel of the thing to 'come and get me'. I shudder now to think of it.
                      - Rik Mayall Fanpage On Facebook
                      - My retro Youtube channel.

Come Join The Fun!

Comment

I remember being at a country fete as a small child. There were morris men, which are scarey enough, but 1 had a paper mache dragon head on, you were supposed to put money in it's mouth or something, but it sneaked up behind me and put it's head over my shoulder and freaked me out. When I was a bit older, my friend and I were convinced there was a green alien eye watching up from the bottom of the garden at night. After making my dad go and investigate, it turned out to be the moon shining on a black sack. The terror dogs in ghostbusters also really scared me, until I got older : )

Comment

Originally posted by hazel View Post
                          Just had a gander at that album cover and yeah, that would have sent me running. Not even keen on it now!
                          1976 Vintage

Comment

The guy from Sparks

Frogs!

Comment

I was so scared of the shadows on the wall at night, so many pictures of scary things came to my mind at times while looking at them, but eventually it dawned on me all I needed to do was hide under the covers and go to sleep..

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                                now thart u mention it i can see what you mean.
                                and yes i can see how he [Tommy Cooper] would be scary to kids.
                                Then the really creepy part is that Tommy Cooper died onstage while doing a TV show. He suffered a heart attack and collapsed and the audience was still laughing thinking that it was part of the act. Still, he's another one of my favorite comedians especially because I've always loved magic acts -- even Tommy's faux one.

Comment

Working...
                                X