Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid things you were scared of when you were little.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Stupid things you were scared of when you were little.

i think you mentioned this before on the forum mate regarding balloons.
    is it just the feel of them the sight of them.

im not too fond of clowns either i know they should not scare me but they do.

Particularly the clown from the film IT.
    a stephen king film.

Originally posted by Tortie View Post
    For some reason, thunder always alarms me more now than it did when I was a child. Mum always told me it was just the clouds bumping into each other, and there was a boy at school who believed that it was Jesus moving the beds in Heaven, which I think is quite sweet.

I've always been petrified of balloons, to the extent that it's actually a full-blown phobia, although bizarrely, the foil ones don't bother me...
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

It's the thought that they might burst - I really don't like loud noises at the best of times, but that bang... getting goosepimples just thinking about it . So yes, even the sight of them is enough.

No, I don't care for clowns either - there's something a bit creepy about them. It's surprising how many others on here feel the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Tortie View Post
        Well, I looked at it - and we're all still here lol!
        Report back on the pint situation!
        I'll bet that place was packed on December 21st!

Comment

Don't see many of them these days but there was a chimney cowl I was frightened of on a factory near where I lived. It was one of those wind directional ones, a big curved pipe with a fin on top that moved in the breeze. To me it looked some sort of monster's head that was turning around to look at me. Very unnerving.
          1976 Vintage

Comment

I used to be terrified of Hartley Hare from Pipkins and Humphrey Cusion from Hickorie House, my mum would put me in front of the tv each dinner time and these two puppets would proceed to scare me witless to the point i would imagine them sitting on the end of my bed at night. Watch clips of them both on youtube and cant stop giggling at them now - Nasty things!!!!

Comment

this scared the **** out of me as a kid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC5HZzjjI9Y

only this part the rest of the film never bothered me ?
              Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

Dummies (Mannequins), when i was about 4 or 5 i think i had a dream about them coming to life and attacking me.

my sister used to always tease me when we were in clothes shops with our mum, by going up and touching them, then i'd get really scared thinking they were going to come to life lol

Comment

I've never slept with the curtains/blinds open since I saw that part in Salems Lot in the 70's!

Comment

Coming in from school (empty house-latch key kid) and looking up stairs to find the loft hatch, in the landing ceiling, had moved a few inches. I knew it was the wind blowing through the eaves moving the hatch a little bit..........................................wasn' t it ?

Comment

I remember waking early one morning and being scared rigid by the sight of the back of my sister's head. Her dark wiry hair was all tossed and I thought she was a bear...like the bear in the Ladybird storybook 'Snow White and Rose Red'. I shut my eyes as tight as I could and lay there petrified 'til she turned around. This was last year..........

I remember having a terrible aversion to red brick houses. I remember screaming when my mam would wheel me down a red brick street.

I was terrified of Jack Frost from Rupert the Bear. I thought when the wind was howling that it was him . My sister was frightened of the idea of Jack Frost too. She said she saw him looking in the front room window wearing a yellow cardigan.

Comment

Raggety (that'll get some of you hitting google)

Comment

that i can understand mate.

i was scared of the twilight zone theme as well as tales of the unexpected theme...

Originally posted by Jay Mc View Post
                          this scared the **** out of me as a kid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC5HZzjjI9Y

only this part the rest of the film never bothered me ?
                          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by havasack View Post
                            Raggety (that'll get some of you hitting google)
                            The little twiggy rascal is already been terrifying people on this thread, on pages 3 & 4!

Comment

Originally posted by doomlord73 View Post
                              I used to be terrified of Hartley Hare from Pipkins and Humphrey Cusion from Hickorie House, my mum would put me in front of the tv each dinner time and these two puppets would proceed to scare me witless to the point i would imagine them sitting on the end of my bed at night. Watch clips of them both on youtube and cant stop giggling at them now - Nasty things!!!!
                              I'm too young to remember these horrors so I had to look them up. Hartley Hare looks like some sort of rabid, crazed-eyed fur ball and Humphrey cushion just looks plain creepy weird. I would have given them a wide berth.
                              1976 Vintage

Comment

The Balok puppet from Star Trek whose image would appear in the end credits.

Last edited by victorbrunswick; 02-05-2013, 20:13.

Comment

Working...
                                X