Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid things you were scared of when you were little.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Stupid things you were scared of when you were little.

It was also scary when he fell over at the end of the credits.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
      It was also scary when he fell over at the end of the credits.
      Did you notice how sometimes he fell forwards and sometimes he fell backwards? I found Mr Crowman a bit scary too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
        I was terrified when Worzel Gummidge took his head of and replaced it with another one! I would always look away until his new head was firmly in place.
        That's cute that that would be scary, I remember the scene of him having a spare head in a bucket, but it's good to have a bit of scary. That nose of his was terrifying enough! The only thing I remember on tv that genuinely lead to disturbed dreams was an old Outer Limits show with insects with criminals faces! Oh, and also a Lost In Space where two robots fought, but a lot less disturbing. We only had a b&w telly up to 1975ish and I didn't know I was watching a lot of old shows. I saw Space 1999 in colour after watching it in b&w so long and some of the spaghetti bolognese type monsters I'd laughed at in b&w were scarier, so I suppose I'm lucky I only saw those weird bugs with human faces in b&w!

My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
          After seeing Jaws, I had an irrational fear that nuclear tests would create a modified shark which could swim through land (not on it, through it!) and get me! Seriously, I had trouble sleeping for weeks!
          I may pitch this as a film storyline to the same people who made the Sharknado films!
          Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Sometime back I posted about how I found the General Electric logo scary. During the holiday season the Rankin Bass Christmas specials were also a bit scary to me, perhaps because they were sponsored by GE, so there was that association. The following is the perfect storm of stupid scary! It also shows the NBC intro from the '60s and '70s which I also thought was a little creepy. I seem to recall that they used this intro every year well into the early 1970s.

https://youtu.be/QovoRux3EbA
            Last edited by victorbrunswick; 10-12-2019, 04:56.

Comment

I was only a little scared by the Abominable Snowman in the Rudolph Reindeer special, until he got that bad tooth yanked!

I couldn't watch the Marx brothers at all at one time because I thought Harpo was genuinely insane and it scared me. Turns out he was one of the nicest people in real life.
              My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
                Sometime back I posted about how I found the General Electric logo scary.
                For obvious reasons, I almost read that as the "General Election" logo!

Did anyone else actually find a company's logo scary in the past?
                I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I was ( still am) always ‘respectful’ of the Police when I was a little lad in the sixties ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

When a police car is parked on the street, you think either someone is a victim or someone has committed a crime, and the fact that they are not there for nothing.
                    I'm having so much fun
                    My lucky number's one
                    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I’ve always liked and respected the police and it irks me when I hear someone slagging them off because when something goes wrong they’re the first people asking the police for assistance

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                        I’ve always liked and respected the police and it irks me when I hear someone slagging them off because when something goes wrong they’re the first people asking the police for assistance

I agree with you, although the police do get things wrong too, i know a woman who reported a crime and the police actually fobbed her off, she didn't give up though as she reported them to Police Complaints and after an investigation she received a grovelling apology from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Danniella View Post
                          I agree with you, although the police do get things wrong too, i know a woman who reported a crime and the police actually fobbed her off, she didn't give up though as she reported them to Police Complaints and after an investigation she received a grovelling apology from them.
                          That's probably the right thing to do.
                          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Does anyone think that series like The Bill used to give an exaggerated parody of how the police really are in real life - and do you think that police officers can see through programmes like as being unrealistic and even against what a real police officer would behave?
                            I'm having so much fun
                            My lucky number's one
                            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by Danniella View Post
                              This is why we have what is now referred to as the Independent Office for Police Conduct (formerly the Independent Police Complains Commission, and before that, the Police Complaints Authority). In some incidents, the police are implicated within what has happened, and so as a result, the police themselves do not have an impartial perspective of the incident, hence the involvement of the IOPC (nee IPPC and PCA) - it is a step above the police themselves.
                              I'm having so much fun
                              My lucky number's one
                              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                                This is why we have what is now referred to as the Independent Office for Police Conduct (formerly the Independent Police Complains Commission, and before that, the Police Complaints Authority). In some incidents, the police are implicated within what has happened, and so as a result, the police themselves do not have an impartial perspective of the incident, hence the involvement of the IOPC (nee IPPC and PCA) - it is a step above the police themselves.
                                Such a long process but it was worth it, she said afterwards that if the police don't help victims of crime then who do we turn to.
                                She accepted their apology but she has lost faith in the police.

Comment

Working...
                                X