Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid things you were scared of when you were little.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Stupid things you were scared of when you were little.

Bogymen (now called paedophiles)
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

As kids we were scared : respectful of the police ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't think I am alone when I mention the following fear:
        My sister and I use to hide behind the sofa and peer at the tv when the Dr Who credits started, starring John Pertwee.

Comment

When I was about 4 or 5 I had a spell of sleepwalking. One night I wandered into the living room and was shocked back into consciousness by a Black and White Minstrels lp. I've not been quite the same since!

Comment

Originally posted by Moonraker View Post
            My sister and I use to hide behind the sofa and peer at the tv when the Dr Who credits started, starring Jon Pertwee.
            Hiding behind the sofa always seems to be a cliché when it comes to Doctor Who - it seems that it was traditional for all youngsters back in the 1970s to do that - or was it?
            I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
              As kids we were scared : respectful of the police ..
              These days, Police Constables might as well be in fancy dress when you think if the respect that some people in society actually have for them.
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                These days, Police Constables might as well be in fancy dress when you think if the respect that some people in society actually have for them.
                And yet if something goes wrong the first people they ring is the police ..

Comment

Originally posted by Moonraker View Post
                  My sister and I use to hide behind the sofa and peer at the tv when the Dr Who credits started, starring John Pertwee.
                  Patrick Troughton for me! Those Cybermen!!!
                  Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                    And yet if something goes wrong the first people they ring is the police ..
                    I think that one of the problems is that 999 is Britain's most recognised telephone number, and the main problem is that the number is abused as a result - people asking what time their local newsagent opens, or someone complaining that their fish and chips are cold are some excuses that they use.
                    I'm having so much fun
                    My lucky number's one
                    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I had to dial 999 the other day to report a fire on my way home...

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                        I had to dial 999 the other day to report a fire on my way home...
                        I had to ring 999 because i spilt some vimto on the carpet!
                        Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                          As a young lad I spilt my Vimto on our varnished table and it took the varnish off !!

My mum wasn't bothered about the table but she was worried about what it was doing to my stomach if it stripped varnish off a table ... it was banned !!

Comment

One thing that terrified me as a child was an episode of an ITV(?) series - called something like the Rivals of Sherlock Holmes. This episode concerned a spectral horse. If I saw it now it would probably be laughably unfrightening but at the time it affected my sleep for weeks!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                              Surely that was a job for International Rescue!!!

Comment

I was terrified when Worzel Gummidge took his head of and replaced it with another one! I would always look away until his new head was firmly in place.

Comment

Working...
                                X