'Flambards'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Flambards'

This was a tv program from 1979 about an orphan girl that had to go live with her uncle. A little like "Annie" but without the glamour or intrigue. There was lots of fox hunting! It was set just before the onset of world war 1 - probably because the original book the series was based on was written just before World War 1.

More...

Re: 'Flambards'

Oooh I loved Flambards. In fact I saw a paperback book of Flambards in a charity shop window a few years ago now and I rushed in and bought it. Not for myself but for my daughter thinking she was just the age to read it. Sadly, she was not impressed! Maybe I was trying to re-live the 70s or perhaps one needs to have watched the TV series too. I don't know but I think it's still on the bookcase so if it is I think I'll give it a whirl.

Comment

I loved Flambards. I used to sit an watch this enthralled

Comment

Me too :-)
        Originally posted by Seventies Child View Post
        I loved Flambards. I used to sit an watch this enthralled

Comment

I'd never heard of it until I watched Rob Brydon's 'Director's Commentary' series on DVD, where he plays fictitious TV director Peter De Lane and produces humorous commentaries on programmes which are supposed to be on DVDs themselves. Anyway, 'Flambards' is one of the series featured most, and it looked as though some aeroplane building/testing action was included. The uncle was played by Edward Judd, although Brydon/De Lane tells the audience it's Bruce Forsyth (there is a similarity).
          "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Working...
          X