No announcement yet.

Pictures of Annual Covers ( Pic Heavy )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pictures of Annual Covers ( Pic Heavy )

Comment

Comment

Comment

These last few posts have pics of annuals that have special memories for me. In particular the Jinty '77.

Comment

I sold nearly all my annuals years ago .(shame!) never mind.Scans exist on line ;-) .
            sigpic

Comment

That is a wonderful selection of pictures to post ann22.I remember seeing a few of those annual covers when i was much younger,Jinty,Mandy and Bunty.They were really famous.I can never remember hearing about Debbie though,it is a new one to me.
              What can i say about Misty?!
              I absolutely love Misty Annuals.I would love to have every single one ever printed.Those pictures of Misty Annuals are wonderful,thank you for posting them ann22.

Comment

Originally posted by moonvisage View Post
                That is a wonderful selection of pictures to post ann22.I remember seeing a few of those annual covers when i was much younger,Jinty,Mandy and Bunty.They were really famous.I can never remember hearing about Debbie though,it is a new one to me.
                What can i say about Misty?!
                I absolutely love Misty Annuals.I would love to have every single one ever printed.Those pictures of Misty Annuals are wonderful,thank you for posting them ann22.
                Yeah, Misty was class. Lovely illustrations, a lot of similar art to Jinty. Debbie comic out for quite a while. The cover story character 'Debbie' had a little sister 'Maisie'. Another comic came out then, 'Tracy', I got that one too. I remember a lot of free gifts being given away with it. Eventually Debbie and Tracy merged.

Comment

Brilliant thread, I lost all my annuals except for my 2000ad ones a long time ago, I've recently been re-purchasing ones that I could remember off of e-bay, I'm glad to say that there are a few here that I've forgotten about and am going to start looking for.
                  No 1 - I want that 1978 2000ad!!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

I have just discovered,what could be,a fresh stash of old annuals underneath a load of junk in my parents bedroom.I will ask them if i can have a snoop for some annuals.If i find any,i will take a few pictures and post them here.

Comment

Cool..please do

Comment

I bought a 1975 Pixie annual in a St Vincent de Paul shop last Monday. I don't think I ever had a Pixie comic but I bought it anyway. It was only 1 euro. Some good stories in it..very familiar illustrations. I'd imagine the same artists were used for a lot of 70's girls' comics.

Comment

Here are the pictures of the few remaining books we have left.There's not many,but well worth it,just for the Wham annuals.I tried to take a better picture of the JET annual,but unfortunately,the light seems to shine on it too much for some reason.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0687.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	259794Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0688.jpg
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	259795Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0686.jpg
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	259796Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0685.jpg
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	259797

WHAM! Annual,was the first to introduce the famous Grimly Feendish.He was a small part baddy in the: Eagle - Eye Junior Spy stories.The Punk Rock band: The Damned named,and based a song after Grimly Feendish,except they changed the wording of the name to: Grimly Fiendish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimly_Fiendish

Comment

I remember some of those Rupert annuals. They were unique in that you got two versions of the story: the narrative text and the rhyming couplets under the pictures. I liked those origami ideas they had as well.
                            The present is a foreign country. They do things differently here.

Comment

I have one Beano annual which is years old. I would not part with it, as its one of the only things I have left from my youth.

Comment

I certainly remember many of those annuals.As a kid I always seemed to get one of these on the end of my bed for christmas,I suppose it was an attempt to keep us boys quiet untill parants were ready to let us go downstairs.I had honestly thought that every one of mine had been lost years ago,but thanks to this thread I found a few beezers,beano's and dandys in the cupboard that belonged to my much younger brothers and sisters.Nearly all 1980's examples with a couple of 70's ones they got from my cousins.Amongst them all somehow one of my old beezer annuals has survived.I got this one in 1977.I was very surprised to have found it.So I must say a big thankyou to the OP who without posting this wonderful thread I might not of rediscovered one of my childhhod books.Thankyou.

Comment

Working...
                                X