Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you chill out and calm down after a horrid day at work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you chill out and calm down after a horrid day at work?

I've just had an awful day. I've fallen out with a colleague after desperately trying not to do so. My 'line manager' - as they say these days - is totally sympathetic to my point of view and will be speaking to the colleague in question. But all I seem to be able to do is go over the incident in my mind, time and time again.

Does anyone have any ideas that might stop me reviewing and replaying the incident? It can't be healthy! I admit, I do tend to dwell on things rather a lot and wish I didn't.

Thanks.
    MB

Re: How do you chill out and calm down after a horrid day at work?

Time
    I had exactly the same thing at work yesterday, and was mulling over it all evening.
    Today, I don't care about it

Comment

My Kids always bring me back down to earth wih a bump, one look or hug from them and everything else gets put into perspective for me. There are far more important things in life to get wound up about.

As my Mum always said things will come out in the wash
      Heather

Comment

Thanks sixtyten I'm reminded of that phrase, 'Time heals'. You are probably right.

Thanks again for answering the post.

MB

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
          My Kids always bring me back down to earth wih a bump, one look or hug from them and everything else gets put into perspective for me. There are far more important things in life to get wound up about.

As my Mum always said things will come out in the wash
          That is so wise, huggie. Thank you. I don't have my own kids but as I work in a school, I do keep telling myself that the kids are the most important part of the equation.

A friend of mine used to say the thing about 'it will all come out in the wash'. But he used to add, "Just don't look at the colour of the water!" lol

Comment

I'm into EMDR, using bi-lateral stimulation to process difficult feelings/memories.
            But a good soak in a Radox (original) herbal bath can't be beat!

Comment

Sorry to hear about your bad day at work MB, I have had loads of them in the past! The nice bath idea is good, and a gin and tonic (or even a cup of japanese tea, can be a calming influence!)

Another way, is to sit in a quiet place and try to get everything back into perspective once more. Stress is not good ( I know it is inevitable at the pace of the lives we lead) Try and look forward to something that gives you a bright spark on the horizon, an Air Show for me (GEEKY!!!!!!) or a spot of shopping or gardening, anything that makes you feel a taddy bit happier!

All the best

FS

Comment

Originally posted by Flash Gordon View Post
                I'm into EMDR, using bi-lateral stimulation to process difficult feelings/memories.
                I would have said MDMA

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
                  I would have said MDMA
                  Chamomille tea is less hazardous to your health!

Comment

Thanks for the recent replies. EMDR looks interesting - I just read the Wiki entry. And as for a nice hot bath..........the flat where I currently live only has a shower and I always used to love a bath. *sighs*

Comment

My Dad used to say, "(Is any one going to worry about it in 2 years time?) Just a thought?

Comment

Hope things are ok with you now MB.

Whatever happens to you, remember how lucky you are to live in such a beautiful place and maybe a walk along the beach, that does it for me
                        sigpic
                        'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

I used to get wound up if I had a bad day but what i've been through with my Wife in the last 3 years has put things into perspective. While i'm on work I give it my best. Once I leave it's forgotten about and my Wife and 2 year old daughter have my full attention. I make the most of my time with them because you never know what's around the corner.
                          "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

So true. Branny, looks like you have your values in the right place.

Comment

Thanks for recent posts. The problem at work has come to a head and is now going to be a 'grievance proceedure'; against the other party. I came home so wound up I thought I'd explode - I'm frustrated that I managed to allow anyone to get me that angry. But I'm calming a down a bit now, and want to thank people on here who've taken the trouble to give me some great advice.

Comment

Working...
                              X