Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Embarrassing Moments

Default Re: Embarrassing Moments

Quote Originally Posted by stud1al View Post
    Wasn't really embarrassing for me but when i was a kid my mother asked me to go into a shop and ask for "toilet paper"I asked for "Bum paper "
    That is embarressing.
    We all know that toilet paper should be referred to as BOG ROLL.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickyvee View Post
    off topic but this reminds me of my gran who used to make up her own words for things. For years she'd go to the greengrocers and ask for 'capookas'. She was after capsicums, but they never bothered to correct her she wouldn't be told either!

my mother in law forever queuees up in mcdonalds for a "cod o`lay " she can never get it in her head the thing is called a "fillet o fish"

Jingbang Guest

Mine was when i went in Supercigs to pay my Water on my little plastic credit card payment thing, the night before i had spilt a can of Pepsi all over it, eventually after swiping it about 6 times the woman got it to work, then i said to her "Oh im sorry about that its got Coke all over it!
    Then everyone who was in the Q and serving behind the counter just went really quiet and was giving me very odd looks i never twigged why till about 3 hours later when i realised they thought i had meant the shove it up your hooter kind of Coke

Quote Originally Posted by Jingbang View Post
    Mine was when i went in Supercigs to pay my Water on my little plastic credit card payment thing, the night before i had spilt a can of Pepsi all over it, eventually after swiping it about 6 times the woman got it to work, then i said to her "Oh im sorry about that its got Coke all over it!
    Then everyone who was in the Q and serving behind the counter just went really quiet and was giving me very odd looks i never twigged why till about 3 hours later when i realised they thought i had meant the shove it up your hooter kind of Coke
    Strange how people's minds work.ITHAT sort of coke never would have entered my head

Credit card, Coke?
    What a sheltered life you've led Stud1al

Quote Originally Posted by sixtyten View Post
    Credit card, Coke?
    What a sheltered life you've led Stud1al
    You could say that,sixtyten.

Mine used to think Sinn Fein was a nasty man and that the world would eventually be run by "Roberts" (Robots).

Sorry should have included quote. See below.
    Last edited by branny; 17-09-2010 at 01:56.
    "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Quote Originally Posted by Trickyvee View Post
    off topic but this reminds me of my gran who used to make up her own words for things. For years she'd go to the greengrocers and ask for 'capookas'. She was after capsicums, but they never bothered to correct her she wouldn't be told either!
    Mine used to think Sinn Fein was a nasty man and that the world would eventually be run by "Roberts" (Robots).
    "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Quote Originally Posted by n3llyo View Post
    my mother in law forever queuees up in mcdonalds for a "cod o`lay " she can never get it in her head the thing is called a "fillet o fish"
    This cracked me up when I read it! Perhaps she thought it was a Spanish fish dish, do you get it?

'Dreams come true if you want them to'

I used to work in a supermarket. One day a man asked me, in a strong West Indian accent, if we sold "Camdens".

"Camdens?" I asked, thinking of the London Borough of Camden. "What are they?"

"When you're having sex, you put it on," he explained.

"Oh, condoms!"

Did he realise I had misheard him? Or does he still think that shop employ staff who are so ignorant that they don't know what a condom is?
    The present is a foreign country. They do things differently here.