movie about prostitutes shown on channel 4 , years ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• movie about prostitutes shown on channel 4 , years ago

ive been trying to trace a movie i saw back in the days when chanel 4 had those mainly bad red triangle late night movies on it was about a group of prostitutes ,it was was filmed if i remember rightly really shakely like on hand cams in documentary style the picture was really grainy ,it wasnt erotic or anything but was more about the human aspect of the main characters
    i thought it was called working girl but all i get when i google that is that gawd awfull Sigourney Weaver, Melanie Griffith movie

they showed another one on called `the clinic` which was an australian comedy about a VD clinic which i would like to see again to find out if it was as funny as i found it at the time , how a film about gonorerrhea could be ammusing in the first place i dont know, but maybe being a typical teenager at the time it was just one of those things that seemed pant wettingly funny and actually wasnt

Re: movie about prostitutes shown on chanel 4 years ago

try here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_triangle_(Channel_4)
    Heather

Comment

looking at that wiki list the film im looking for wasnt one of them then. it must have been shown in a different film season

Comment

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092238/
        Heather

Comment

Didn't the red triangle get dropped after it was found that the ratings would increase when it was shown?

In the mid 1990s Channel 4 had a "red light zone" complete with an all red 4 logo.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Re: movie about prostitutes shown on channel 4 , years ago

thanks huggie thats the one
            directed and written by lizzie borden i wonder if she made a killing at the box office

Comment

*groan*

Comment

It's not Band of Gold is it N3llyo?...................http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Band_of_Gold_(TV_series)

Comment

Doh! *facepalm*

Already correctly answered by H above, Ann
                  Last edited by sixtyten; 10-07-2010, 16:50.

Comment

I can remember seeing a documentary on C4 about the life of girls working in a brothel in the US, but I thought it was made before 1986 and the brothel was in a rural location, so I am confused if it was 'Working Girls' or not. The only part I can remember is when 2 friends or brothers visit the brothel. One chooses his girl and goes off with her. The other man waits in a kind of lounge where he chats to one of the girls and tries to get her to do things for a reduced rate as he hasn't much money, but she won't do it. Also, does anyone remember another documentary called 'Soldier Girls' shown on C4 a few times in its early years about basic training for women in the US Army?

Comment

Originally posted by n3llyo View Post
                      it was was filmed if i remember rightly really shakely
                      Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
                        I can remember seeing a documentary on C4 about the life of girls working in a brothel in the US, but I thought it was made before 1986 and the brothel was in a rural location, so I am confused if it was 'Working Girls' or not.

Chicken Ranch (1983)

Comment

Working...
                        X