Kids TV shows you hated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kids TV shows you hated

I didn't like we are the champions either. It seemed so boring, just a load of kids running around doing PE and the bloke that presented it was boring like a teacher. The only good bit was the end where they all jumped in the pool.
    1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
      I didn't like we are the champions either. It seemed so boring, just a load of kids running around doing PE and the bloke that presented it was boring like a teacher. The only good bit was the end where they all jumped in the pool.
      was it the fact that they where doing a lot of physical exercise that you did not like it T.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
        was it the fact that they where doing a lot of physical exercise that you did not like it T.
        Not at all. It was because I'd rather be doing it myself than watching others doing it on a TV show. It was as tedious as being stuck watching from the sidelines during a school sports day.
        1976 Vintage

Comment

Thought I was the only one who hated "We are the Champions"! I'm in good company! Yes I just found it dull and couldn't understand how all the kids in the programme seemed to be wetting themselves with excitement. Wasn't mad about Newsround either and didn't you just love the way they tried to make the Common Market seem interesting to kids?? Record Breakers struck me as being a bit pointless too...although it did have its moments particularly their American features.

Comment

Blue Peter! Eating your tea whilst being presented with images of starving children in Africa, kids doing judo, sword dance, Morris dancing etc... Awful!

Comment

Blue Peter was really dull and something you only watched when you got older to perv at Katy Hill and Romana whateverhernamewas err so i was told.
              The things they made on there were never as easy to make in real life either, i remember trying to make a bed for my Action Man out of lolly sticks and ended up losing my temper and dashing it up the wall.

Comment

HAHAHAHAH!!!
                John Craven's Newsround, turned into simply, "Newsround", and the music got worse! In the mid '90s, it used to make me want to kick the telly in, and send the bill to them! Awful abrupt screeking sound.
                Metal Mickey annoyed me too, and Crackerjack... I wanted to kick Don MaClean's face in, (and that bespectacled fat bloke who looked like "Mr Grimsdale" of Norman Wisdom fame.
                Never watched Rentaghost, the terrible effects put me off. We Are The Champions... Urgh! Lassie, Flipper and Gentle Ben (Wasn't the kid in that, the ugliest person ever!?), I hated twee stuff.
                Bringing my daughter up in the mid '90s was brilliant for watching all the decent programs, and hilarious cartoons on offer from Cartoon Network, but nowhere near as good as Catweazle.

Comment

Singing Ringing Tree syndicated from Germany in '57. The animation was dire as can be seen when the prince changed to a bear and back to a human

I reckon it was Germany's idea to get back at us for them losing the war (both wars) lol
                  sigpic
                  Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
                    Singing Ringing Tree syndicated from Germany in '57. The animation was dire as can be seen when the prince changed to a bear and back to a human

I reckon it was Germany's idea to get back at us for them losing the war (both wars) lol
                    The Fast Show did a good send up of it, made by Channel 9.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

the shows that rod hull did with emu. my cousin was given one of those stupid puppets one christmas and he started doing dumb sh!t like rod hull. he got slapped a few time for it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by big kid View Post
                        the shows that rod hull did with emu. my cousin was given one of those stupid puppets one christmas and he started doing dumb sh!t like rod hull. he got slapped a few time for it as well.
                        I wanted to wring it's neck & have it for dinner lol
                        sigpic
                        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
                          I wanted to wring it's neck & have it for dinner lol
                          hahaha...really did wind me up that show.

Comment

lol I thought it was real lol
                            sigpic

Comment

Blue Peter too - someone vandalised the Blue Peter garden Janet Ellis told us on the show; the one time I watched Blue Peter after I read it in the press after which Janet mentioned it on the show

I was in the Magpie camp
                              sigpic

Comment

Never did like Magpie.
                                Rentaghost, the first series was not too bad. I will emphasise NOT TOO BAD. After that it was just stupid, cheap and nasty.
                                Most programmes during school holidays, particularly the foreign dubbed ones.
                                We are the Champions. Detested this programme.
                                Laurel and Hardy, the cartoon version. Whoever decided to do a cartoon about these two great characters, SHOULD HAVE BEEN SHOT!!!!
                                Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Working...
                                X