Kids TV shows you hated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids TV shows you hated

Well the writers tried to do their best, but sometimes there were kid's programmes that you just couldn't stand!

In at number 1...Jackanory...zzzzzzzzz
    Newsround - I'm 9, news is boring no matter how you try to sell it to me!
    King Rollo. No no no!
    There's bound to be more I'll have a think...
    1976 Vintage

Re: Kids TV shows you hated

Sorry to all you Grange Hill fans, but I hated GRANGE HILL !

I had been at school all day, why on earth would I want to see imore hellish school when I came home ? YEEEEUCCHHHHHHH!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FLYING SAUCER View Post
      Sorry to all you Grange Hill fans, but I hated GRANGE HILL !

I had been at school all day, why on earth would I want to see imore hellish school when I came home ? YEEEEUCCHHHHHHH!!!!

You think what boy???!!!! Stand in the corner and hang your head in shame, for at least two weeks.

Mysterious Cities Of Gold was like snorze-ville to me, BTW. And can I also mention Out Of Town? Another bore-fest

Comment

basil brush (in any form)
        anything with that bloody emu in it
        sooty and sweep
        ivor the engine and noggin the nogg

Comment

I never liked Top Cat, or The Flintstones.

Comment

Blue Peter - Just hated it, this was the last thing I wanted to watch after coming home from school.

Wizadora - Just awful, something about this show did my head in, the pace, the songs and the puppets.

The Basil Brush Show - Talking about the recent version here, my little sister always watched this and it made me want to put my fist through the TV. Terrible jokes, annoying characters and the worst thing was the laughter track which was seemingly played every five seconds. AHHHHHHHHHH!

Byker Grove - I remember watching a few episodes of this as a kid but it just never sat well with me, there was just something about the show that I really disliked, it also scarred me for life when the one from Ant and Dec got shot in the eyes during a paintball game. That scene could cause real distress to a kid!

Comment

Most of the dreary horse ones.. Black Beauty, White Horses, Champion the Wonder Horse, Follyfoot
              Never liked Singing Ringing Tree either or Belle & Sebastian
              I too disliked Grange Hill in the early days, but did watch it after I'd left school (hated the Tucker Jenkins years)

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
                Most of the dreary horse ones.. Black Beauty, White Horses, Champion the Wonder Horse, Follyfoot
                Never liked Singing Ringing Tree either or Belle & Sebastian
                I too disliked Grange Hill in the early days, but did watch it after I'd left school (hated the Tucker Jenkins years)

WHHHAAAATTTTT???? how dare you sir!

And i beleive someone else dared to commit heresy with the suggestion of ivor the engine.

i agree about tuckers luck.
                rod hull and the pink windmill thing with those awful stage school kids would be one of my pet loathings along with jigsaw and screen test after they replaced both mike rodd and brian trueman with the tremendously talentless mark curry.

Comment

RENTAGHOST! Insulting the intelligence of 70's youth!

Comment

Roland Rat. Would love to have seen him explode. Live. On air. With slo mo action replays from multiple angles. I must stress that I have absolutely nothing against any other rat whatsoever.
                    "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

must say i can't think of a single show i did not like.
                      loved grange hill,byker grove etc..
                      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I'm probably going to get seriously flanned for this, but I hated 'Tiswas'. There! I've said it! I always watched 'Swap Shop' instead.

I also agree about 'Rentaghost' - truly dire, 'Sooty & Sweep', and any of Emu's shows.
                        "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

I can't think of many that I hated other than those I mentioned, but there were many that I was indifferent to and didn't bother watching. All of the soapy shows like Grange Hill, Byker Grove and Dramarama. Anything with a live animal in it was usually a turn off - Black Beauty, Flipper, Lassie etc. Most of the dramary series. I didn't like anything real or 'serious' I suppose. I liked cartoons and daftness. To be honest, I still do.

And off topic but I HATED pantomimes. Only good thing about them was the sweets being thrown into the crowd. Just never went for all that over the top hammy awfulness.
                          1976 Vintage

Comment

'Blue Peter'...'John Craven's Newsround'..'Ivor the Engine'....yawwwn! Oh and Jackanory..incredibly boring and I absolutely hated 'Battle of the Planets'. Oh there was a
                            programme on in the mornings with a man and woman presenter, they'd sing loads of songs...was it 'A Handful of Songs'? -I wasn't mad into that either..except the odd time when they'd sing 'A Mouse Lived in a Windmill'

Comment

Originally posted by Austin Maxi View Post
                              I'm probably going to get seriously flanned for this, but I hated 'Tiswas'. There! I've said it! I always watched 'Swap Shop' instead.

I also agree about 'Rentaghost' - truly dire, 'Sooty & Sweep', and any of Emu's shows.
                              a lot of people either loves tiswas or swap shop.

i preferred swap shop over tiswas but liked them both.
                              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                              X