X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: kids tv shows you loved.

Originally posted by darren View Post
    some great shows there mate.

did you watch GH up until it finished mate.

check this mate a great show.http://youtu.be/MQlUwuQQkqU

It was Grange Hill in the main for me too I guess Darren. I used to devour Saturday Morning's too when Going Live and The 8:15 From Manchester etc were on and Hale & Pace too with De (The) Management! They learned that speak way before Ali G and in my book were a thousand times better too doing act's like that!

Comment

my all time comedy hero was kenny everett.
      never knew H and P where on going live.
      cant remember it and i did watch it.

check this link mate.
      http://youtu.be/gPmpDm0QbBM
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by scantyaunty View Post
        Anyone remember the program with stones moving nearer and nearer to a house? I think it was called Paperhouse?
        I think that was the movie version
        The tv show was called Escape Into Night and it's available on dvd.

Comment

i liked a big percentage of shows mentioned within this thread. but this is one i used to love watching - once upon a time man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqFsA7uM7E4

i'd even go in school late if it was on.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
            my all time comedy hero was kenny everett.
            never knew H and P where on going live.
            cant remember it and i did watch it.

check this link mate.
            http://youtu.be/gPmpDm0QbBM
            Going Live. That was another great Saturday Morning programe I loved very much too Darren too.

Comment

Originally posted by big kid View Post
              i liked a big percentage of shows mentioned within this thread. but this is one i used to love watching - once upon a time man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqFsA7uM7E4

i'd even go in school late if it was on.
              That looks like an interesting show but I'm not familiar with it. When was it shown? Looks like it would be an educational thing at the start of the intro but looks like an adventure cartoon by the end! What was it like?
              1976 Vintage

Comment

Lots of the ones mentioned, especially Worzel Gummidge! not sure if these have been mentioned already but also i used to love: Follyfoot Farm, Black Beauty, The Storyteller (with John Hurt and his puppet dog!), Mr Majeka, Supergran, Tripods and loads more that i can only remember little bits of but not what they were called!

Comment

Eeh by eck! Lots I could list....Hmm,

Cholton and The Wheelies,
                  Bananaman,
                  Super Ted,
                  Dogtanian & The Three Muskahounds,
                  Uylsses 31,
                  Centurions,
                  Visionaries,
                  The Transformers,
                  The Adventure Game,
                  Tis Was,
                  Going Live,
                  Blue Peter,
                  Wurzel Gummidge,
                  The Adventures of Black Beauty,
                  Diff'rent Strokes,
                  The A-Team,
                  Spiderman live action tv show,
                  Spiderman and his Amazing Friends cartoon,
                  The Amazing Spiderman Cartoon,
                  Fraggle Rock,
                  The Raggy Dolls,

Comment

Originally posted by Jemima View Post
                    Lots of the ones mentioned, especially Worzel Gummidge! not sure if these have been mentioned already but also i used to love: Follyfoot Farm, Black Beauty, The Storyteller (with John Hurt and his puppet dog!), Mr Majeka, Supergran, Tripods and loads more that i can only remember little bits of but not what they were called!
                    I remember they even made the dog look a bit like the way John Hurts character looked lol....

Btw, Jemima, where did you get that Raggy Doll avatar? Its Dotty isn't it?!

Comment

Yes i remember all those J.

Even though follyfoot was more for girls i still liked i.

and yes i love all those you mentioned..

check this J.http://youtu.be/WVgyxhe849k

love that avatar jemima.
                      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

A few more I liked but never loved were:

Raggy Dolls
                        Rainbow
                        Sotty and Sweep
                        Bertha
                        Fireman Sam
                        Postman Pat
                        Play School (the Original)
                        Play Bus
                        Why Don't You
                        Childrens Ward (a sort of Grange Hill rival i thought, but I detested Byker Grove and still consider it a Swar-word when talking/thinking of Grange Hill even now Today).

Super Ted (which has an amzing Grange hill connection as to my knowledge it is one of the only TV programes to actualy appear on Grange Hill and in picture - though Neighbours did in 1993 but not in picture ... only the theme tune), but I always smile at the Episode in Series 10 when Danny had just got back from his treatment in Aberdeen and Freddie and Julie went round to see him to help with the broadcast recording for the opening of Radio Grange Hill Mk 1 and he tried to convince them Super ted was an educational school-kids show - that all Kids should watch at home NOT School)>
                        Last edited by 80sChav; 13-07-2011, 23:39.

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
                          I remember they even made the dog look a bit like the way John Hurts character looked lol....

Btw, Jemima, where did you get that Raggy Doll avatar? Its Dotty isn't it?!
                          Yes i remember the dog looking a bit like him, love it! I don't remember where i got my dolly from, i picked it up ages ago, might have been in the bin with the other unwanted dolls i guess, but i've named her Jemima!

Comment

Yes i remember the dog looking a bit like him, love it! I don't remember where i got my dolly from, i picked it up ages ago, might have been in the bin with the other unwanted dolls i guess, but i've named her Jemima!
                            Can you post a bigger pic of her? Whenever I see rag dolls or Raggy Dolls I remember my late Mum-she had a nice rag doll given to her as a kid in Sri Lanka that she said 'looked like Dotty' (from Raggy Dolls). Mind you, she was a rotter to her as if her Mum gave her a few slaps for being naughty she'd grab the poor doll and slam her across the wall by her feet or lob her really far, then she'd see her crumpled up, feel guilty-like all kids do-and say 'I'm so sorry, I promise not to do it again'....yeah right! Lol!

I even saw some nice rag dolls in M & S today, one was brown coloured so really reminded me of my Mum. If she were alive I'd have bought one for her as she used to go on about wanting a rag doll again-she was a bit odd at times.

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
                              Can you post a bigger pic of her? Whenever I see rag dolls or Raggy Dolls I remember my late Mum-she had a nice rag doll given to her as a kid in Sri Lanka that she said 'looked like Dotty' (from Raggy Dolls). Mind you, she was a rotter to her as if her Mum gave her a few slaps for being naughty she'd grab the poor doll and slam her across the wall by her feet or lob her really far, then she'd see her crumpled up, feel guilty-like all kids do-and say 'I'm so sorry, I promise not to do it again'....yeah right! Lol!

I even saw some nice rag dolls in M & S today, one was brown coloured so really reminded me of my Mum. If she were alive I'd have bought one for her as she used to go on about wanting a rag doll again-she was a bit odd at times.
                              Hi, Sorry i haven't got bigger pic of her, but you if you search the internet under google images there are lots of images of raggy dolls to look at. I don't know where this one came from as a friend e-mailed it to me in a message ages ago and she said it was called Jemima(which is my nickname!) so i saved it as i thought it was really cute!!
                              Attached Files

Comment

bigger picture of the above Jemima doll http://www.nicetoyshop.co.uk/product...g_doll_jemima/ (£15.99 if you want one)
                                Heather

Comment

Working...
                                X